Super Contributor

Re: Where are all the jewelry shows?

May is gold month, so I checked the program guide to see if they would be featuring much gold this month. They do have a few 1 hr. shows sprinkled throughout the month.  I wouldn't expect there to be any bargains because of the price of gold now.  The other jewelry shopping channels have taken all the jewelry business, as someone else said.

Honored Contributor

It's s said young professionals are not interested in acquiring things, including jewelry.  They're more interested in new experiences.

I've found this to be true of the women in my family.  They aren't interested in even inheriting jewelry and never wear it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Most of the older shoppers who have been around homeshopping channels in the past are probably not going to buy jewelry b/c they already have enough. Younger shoppers who buy jewelry are most likely buying it from some place else, not from a homeshopping channel. So what does that leave?...not much in the way of an audience.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's s said young professionals are not interested in acquiring things, including jewelry.  They're more interested in new experiences.

I've found this to be true of the women in my family.  They aren't interested in even inheriting jewelry and never wear it.

@Kachina624 - DD wears more jewelry than anyone else I know! She gets most of it from Etsy (which is another thing place I don't frequent). She does get T. Jazelle here, but she's been buying that since Tiffany started in her home. 

She used to be a brand ambassador for a while for a small local jeweler, but time constraints interfered.

She has always liked plumeria flowers. We gave her a necklace, bracelet, earrings, and a ring for her 16th and 21st birthdays, and high school and college graduations. She wears the ring and necklace every day and has since she got them. She wears the others sometimes.

At least she has friends just like her! 

One of my longtime best friends in another state has a DD who is not interested in jewelry or  fashion at all. Her mom is, and would love to be able to shop with her. She wears an Apple watch, diamond earrings her parents gave her, and now her wedding rings. That's it. She's not interested in anything else! 

Different strokes and all that!    Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom    I dearly wish I had a daughter interested in jewelry.  I can't even give the stuff away.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just like gold.  I dislike gemstones other then corundum.  I saw so much sterling, I actually felt ill looking at it.  Utrafine is another line QVC has dropped.  I check their site, and it filled with what has not sold.  Not very much of it. ShopHQ is one place that has embraced gold.  14K, 18K, 22K & 24K. They recently had a 4-5 day sale of gold and unlike JTV, no  10K.  I purchased 2 18K bracelets.  QVC seems to be trying to expand Diamonique though.

Corundum Ruby.  King of the precious gems

Kitaa Ruby (Greenland)

Esteemed Contributor

Now here's a piece of priceless ruby jewelry:  The Carmen Lucia Ruby, set in a ring, Smithsonian:

Carmen Lúcia Ruby — Google Arts & Culture