Honored Contributor

Re: Where are all the jewelry shows?

Think they have a gold show in Jan. I remember buying 2 bracelets last yr.

Ouch.........................

Trusted Contributor

On 12/3/2014 Sharke said:

Think they have a gold show in Jan. I remember buying 2 bracelets last yr.

Ouch.........................

Yes, the California Gold Rush. It was on Jan 24th this year but QVC keeps changing the date but it is in January.

Honored Contributor

Yea, they'll show us some jewelry after everyone has blown their Christmas wad and then they can cry about how it doesn't sell... Go figure. Note to Q, when you set it up that way, I guess it doesn't...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I miss tacorri and verragio....I have some beautiful pieces from these lines and wish they were still on QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 12/3/2014 stevieb said:

Yea, they'll show us some jewelry after everyone has blown their Christmas wad and then they can cry about how it doesn't sell... Go figure. Note to Q, when you set it up that way, I guess it doesn't...

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

We have to get used to it. There will be NO MORE good jewelry on TV channels. Only cheap mass production. Please understand that clientele is dying off.Younger generations value other things .
Honored Contributor

On 12/3/2014 SANNA said: We have to get used to it. There will be NO MORE good jewelry on TV channels. Only cheap mass production. Please understand that clientele is dying off.Younger generations value other things .

Maybe, I don't know...

But what I do know is that I personally don't plan to get used to what QVC is choosing to sell... I enjoyed watching for a number of years, but when I no longer enjoy it and they no longer present merchandise I find interesting or appealing, I can and will stop watching... I'm actually already watching very, very little compared to my one time viewing habits... It's not just the relative dearth of nice jewelry, it's the really lousy, repetitive mix of such a limited number of brands and products. I mean really, who needs it? There are too many shopping options out there to stick with one that's lost sight of the idea that shopping should be fun.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 12/3/2014 stevieb said:
On 12/3/2014 SANNA said: We have to get used to it. There will be NO MORE good jewelry on TV channels. Only cheap mass production. Please understand that clientele is dying off.Younger generations value other things .

Maybe, I don't know...

But what I do know is that I personally don't plan to get used to what QVC is choosing to sell... I enjoyed watching for a number of years, but when I no longer enjoy it and they no longer present merchandise I find interesting or appealing, I can and will stop watching... I'm actually already watching very, very little compared to my one time viewing habits... It's not just the relative dearth of nice jewelry, it's the really lousy, repetitive mix of such a limited number of brands and products. I mean really, who needs it? There are too many shopping options out there to stick with one that's lost sight of the idea that shopping should be fun.

The thing is that definitely there are many other shopping options, but do not forget that the main target audience are mainstream middle and lower classes of small town Americans who live far from variety of malls, shops,etc. and also a lot of older,disable,lonely people for whom TV shopping is a part of feeling connected and simply to allow people to shop conveniently for different reasons. For some people TV shopping is a Prozac ,for some people laziness. Btw I blame this total accessibility for people getting fat too. Well, creators of TV shopping know that most people are lazy. Please ,I do not mean to generalize and talk about weak and ill. It is just psychology of business . Young generation is busy bragging on FB about love life, babies, new shoes, bags,promotions,etc. different era. IMHO
Honored Contributor

I saw a Robert Lee Morris silver cuff Tues. at Sam's for 169.00.

Chunky, thick cuff with hinge with a 'lily ' type of design maybe one of his pod creations.

Never seen him at Sam's Club before. Seen Ripka stuff.

Frequent Contributor

There on those other networks..FYI H-N always has a huge jewelry clearance show in Jan. I haven't bought jewelry here in yrs...