Contributor

Where are all the jewelry shows?

Ok, I know it's been "Black Friday" for the past month now it seems and people like to buy electronics during such events, but where have all of the jewelry shows gone? I have not seen one hour devoted to jewelry in the longest time. There's an occasional piece here and there in a "great gift" show or something but I miss the good old days of Diamonique and Silver Style sunday mornings. It's just so sad the way the ecomony has gone and that jewelry isn't selling like it used to...but I still miss it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Where are all the jewelry shows?

Q consider quality jewelry to be gold painted resin, bronze, and mystery metals. They throw in a few higher quality silver vendors but their prices are outrageous given the price of silver...and that so many have DMQ or other fake stones (not even created stones). If you're looking for 10k, 14k or 18k gold, check out sarrafdotcom as they sell top notch jewelry for a lot less than Q and their customer service is outstanding.

Honored Contributor

Oddly enough, it seems they'd rather sell "twister tracks" and flash pads, rather than feature any of the countless more interesting items they have available…..including nicer jewelry.

Respected Contributor

They are certainly pushing the electronics & tech gifts this year. If you want jewelry, I think you will just have to search for it yourself.
Honored Contributor

Hold on girls ! Eterna gold will be on 16th & 17th I've been on waitlist for one of his bangles for over a month now. Hoping, santa won't forget me.

Honored Contributor

Well now, it's the holiday shopping season and this is just how the Q rolls... They try to terrify their audience about the horrors of brick and mortar shopping and then they aim to bore their audience into submission... This way, they assume we'll all be lulled into buying their endless array of endlessly presented stocking stuffers, electronics and outright junk... They almost never include jewelry among their holiday offerings, other than the occasional piece of usually costume jewelery, featured during one of the many, many hours upon hours of generic gift shows, like "Great Gifts" or "Gift Guide"... This seems to have become their MO for the past several years and I can tell you that if they start off in the same direction next year, they'll net the same result they've gotten the past two, from me anyway: Off it goes!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

They are showing the same items now as they did last year. They have not come up with anything new or fresh or fun.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Trusted Contributor

Start saving your pennies because this past January 2nd, was Gem Day. Lots of threads on the board about the poor timing for that event. Expect Jewelry shows after Christmas. I think in February there is uusally Designer Jewelry Gallery shows.

Honored Contributor

They'll undoubtedly trot out some jewelry in the days just before Christmas and ship with guaranteed delivery in time for Christmas. Then those here on the boards will get to listen to people whose Christmas was ruined because they didn't get their ""guaranteed"" delivery.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

All I have seen on the Q lately are electronics and food shows. It is becoming like ShopHQ being the watch channel.