Regular Contributor

Re: Where are all of the Ripkanistas?

The prices are way beyond the appeal of the designs now. I used to watch every show I could, and have some beaautiful pieces from back then. Now, I am not even tempted to buy anything.

Regular Contributor

I remember the day well. The DMQ is where  Judith's line lost me, I defected to Barbara Bixby, but  aside from the dolphin pieces, her more recent pieces haven't tempted me to buy. I've got a great collection which I've thinned considerably ala Marie Kondo, and found the older pieces were mostly the ones that stayed. 

Trusted Contributor

Never watched the shows, but I'm guessing that her heyday on the Q was before my time.  Mostly I see "clad" and fake stones--the stuff of costume jewelry--at fine jewelry prices.  Not my style at all.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I used to watch almost every Judith Ripka show..  I love every piece I've purchased from years ago....even from couture lines from her stores.  I am now waiting for my turquoise and black spinel cuff from HSN.  I tend to stay away from the cubic zirconia.  If I'm going to spend $700 on this piece, I want real material. I have this cuff in different stones and it's well made and substantial in weight.  Can't wait to receive it!

Honored Contributor

Would never dream of missing one of her shows years ago and I love the pieces I own.  Wearing today two of her rings and one of her bracelets with Brighton earrings.  But both rings were under $100.00 and bracelet around 125.00.  But these were bought probably 10 years ago, way to much $$ now for what she offers.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Didn't the Ripkanistas move to Facebook?  I wonder if they're still active?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment