Contributor

Re: Where are all of the Ripkanistas?

Thank you all.  It was so much fun to reminisce.  We had good times.  Here's to all of our fabulous pieces from long ago.  Here, here!!

bbydol

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Facebook has a Rika closed group. Recently ordered vintage JR item located information from the group.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She still offers some desirable pieces but at a price point many just can't go. On top of that, whether it has to do with whoever is now calling the shots for her brand, QVC or both, her line became completely diluted when she became little more than just another in a long line of formerly prestigious jewelers whose QVC lines are overwhelmingly fake diamonds... Just about every blasted piece brought to QVC either IS cubic zirconia or features it and, all to often, features it very prominently. I'm sorry, I'm just not interested in fake diamonds, especially at designer jewelry price points.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I remember being glued to the tv when her shows were on and I have a nice collection if her jewelry. I usually have something on from her line every day I dress up for work or church.

I still buy, but more infrequently due to the price. QVC priced me out several years ago. The last big piece I bought was the big bagel necklace and I love it. However, the prices went crazy and I was done.
Respected Contributor

I still like her jewelry, but I am far more selective as her price point has become much higher.  She still sells a ton of Jewelry on QVC and now on HSN.

Respected Contributor

I have a lot of her stuff and have been collecting for years.  I have noticed she just isn't on as much as she used to be, I hardly ever see her.  I still like the designs but her stuff has definitely turned a corner to being MUCH more expensive than ever.  I thought people must be looking for expensive jewelry since they are selling so much of the real solid gold and diamond pieces, as opposed to SS and colored gemstones.  Back in the day, you could get some really nice pieces for under $100.  Now much of it costs a fortune.  I will still continue to look but since she's hardly ever on, it's not that often.  I haven't bought anything from JR in quite a while.  But I still adore all the pieces I own, and wear them all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb yes that's where it went off the rails for me, too. I have some lovely pieces of hers with real gemstones and plain silver that I really enjoy wearing and weren't astronomically priced. When she and other designers started adding DMQ to almost every piece and priced themselves as though it were real diamonds, I opted out.

I like what I have but it has been years since I bought anything new from her line.

The old days were fun that's for sure.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@stevieb yes that's where it went off the rails for me, too. I have some lovely pieces of hers with real gemstones and plain silver that I really enjoy wearing and weren't astronomically priced. When she and other designers started adding DMQ to almost every piece and priced themselves as though it were real diamonds, I opted out.

I like what I have but it has been years since I bought anything new from her line.

The old days were fun that's for sure.

@GinaV24  Good to chat with you and yes, for sure, the old days on Q were better... It sounds as if quite a few of us used to line up for the Ripka shows but I don't think I've watched one fully now in years... Take care and hope all is going well with you...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

ripkanistas moved over to facebook.

if you are interested, search for qvc & hsn....judith ripka ripkanistas and request to join. chat and buy/sell is available in that group also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

my first piece was $99 and it's still gorgeous today