Contributor

Where are all of the Ripkanistas?

Do any of you remember the days when the Ripkanistas would all wait for the shows and we would watch the shows "together" via the forum.  It was so much fun.  Those were the days when the Judith Ripka brand had exquisite pieces, unique, stylish and extremely upscale.

I have the first watch that she brought to QVC and it is still a stunner.  Pearls, necklaces, bracelets, onyx, Diamonique, tanzanite, just outstanding pieces.

I watched Judith Ripka on HSN with Lynn Murphy the other day.  My, how things have changed.  I thought I had heard that she had sold the Judith Ripka line but was still representing the line.  I saw the pieces being sold.  I cannot believe the designs of some of the pieces being sold.  Some of those designs did not represent the Judith Ripka sophistication from long ago.  I miss those designs.

The truly fabulous Judith Ripka line, as with most lines, is gone.  Everything has a season.    

bbydol

Trusted Contributor

Re: Where are all of the Ripkanistas?

[ Edited ]

@bbydol wrote:

Do any of you remember the days when the Ripkanistas would all wait for the shows and we would watch the shows "together" via the forum.  It was so much fun.  Those were the days when the Judith Ripka brand had exquisite pieces, unique, stylish and extremely upscale.

I have the first watch that she brought to QVC and it is still a stunner.  Pearls, necklaces, bracelets, onyx, Diamonique, tanzanite, just outstanding pieces.

I watched Judith Ripka on HSN with Lynn Murphy the other day.  My, how things have changed.  I thought I had heard that she had sold the Judith Ripka line but was still representing the line.  I saw the pieces being sold.  I cannot believe the designs of some of the pieces being sold.  Some of those designs did not represent the Judith Ripka sophistication from long ago.  I miss those designs.

The truly fabulous Judith Ripka line, as with most lines, is gone.  Everything has a season.    

bbydol

@bbydol Yes, I remember those days.  It was so much fun.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Trusted Contributor

@bbydol wrote:

bbydol

@bbydol  Yes, every piece back then was a work of art and screamed quality. Looking at the quality of jewelry today really makes me appreciate what I have even more. It must be hard for the older presenters to get excited about selling current items.🤥 

Respected Contributor

So true, @bbydol. You said it all very well.

Honored Contributor

@bbydol wrote:

bbydol

@bbydol   From what I’ve seen, JR has stayed fairly close to her design aesthetic. We’ve changed and styles of clothing have become more casual. Those that purchased her jewelry 15 yrs. ago may now be retired, just have no need for huge, dressy jewelry. She’s also priced herself too high compared to other silver jewelry w/ gemstones. Many years ago I purchased her braided blk. leather short necklaces and plain, silver chains that I still wear. I have a few simple rings and pins before all the Diamonique and lg. colored stones. That’s just not me.

Honored Contributor

She’s also priced herself too high compared to other silver jewelry w/ gemstones. 

QVC priced her stuff too high for what it is.  They "own" her line now.

Honored Contributor

I noticed yesterday a search for "diamonique ring" put all her stuff first, and it was not all just diamonique.  I've seen her on HSN and she seemed disinterested.  The mystique is gone.  Does QVC own her line or was it bought by an outside company?  

Trusted Contributor

@bbydol wrote:

bbydol

The Dew Drop necklace.  The Cuff.  The Monaco ring.  I was obsessed, and it was fun.

Contributor

I remember those ‘old’ days when Judith was on. I was working at the time and watched her shows on my computer while working. I hated to miss those shows. I also bought a lot of stuff, too. Now, I’m retired and have cut back on my jewelry spending. Judith’s jewelry is too high priced and it looks the same. I was watching her recent shows on HSN and was tempted to purchase her multi-colored ring. Then I thought, I have a bunch of multi-colored rings that I don’t even wear. So I didn’t buy anything.

Trusted Contributor

The Dew Drop necklace.  The Cuff.  The Monaco ring.  I was obsessed, and it was fun.

@MarkeieMark   Those are all great pieces of Ripka.   I think there are many of us who were obsessed back then.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~