Honored Contributor

Re: When you choose your jewelry, do you do dragonflies, or butterflies, or ????

@cerb wrote:

Interesting question, and fun to see the photos posted.  I don't "collect" any particular item, but I have ended up with a few over the years.  I have a gold cat pendant and a silver cat pendant, an antique bird brooch, and an inherited turquoise butterfly brooch.

When it comes to nature-themed jewelry, I'm more apt to own flowers and leaves.

@cerb, I like jewelry that is shaped liked leaves. Not really flowers. I do have a Joan Rivers Bee from 100 yrs. ago. Can't even remember when I got it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: When you choose your jewelry, do you do dragonflies, or butterflies, or ????

[ Edited ]

@qualitygalI totally forgot that I have a bee pin too.  Can't remember who made it, but I bought it when my DD won her school's spelling bee.  I would wear it and remind her that I was proud of her.

Edited to add: I hesitate to mention snakes because several people on this thread mentioned not liking them.  I bought a JAI snake charm as a gift for my DD, as she has a pet snake.  I also just purchased a vet caduceus pendant for her, as she is about to graduate from veterinary school.

Respected Contributor

I love dragonflies!!

I have two pairs of dragonfly earrings. One pair is done in gold and silver and the other is done in gold with gemstones. They are both on the smaller size, I don't like big earrings.

I also have a green enameled frog bracelet from Chrysalis (a line similar to Alex and Ani).

Spiders, snakes, skulls.....no thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just bought a pair of artisan earrings from Bali that have a dragonfly on a heart motiff. Love them.

Respected Contributor

Butterflies!! Pendants.

I have one pair of sterling dragonfly earrings I wear in the summer - simple and pretty, no stones.

-Texas Hill Country-