Honored Contributor

Re: When was the last time you saw a Q jewelry item....

@pupwhipped   Enjoy!  SG makes some really cool things.  Sometimes I'll admire a piece she's wearing during a presentation (thinking it's "real") and she'll mention it's from her line.  Glad you got it in both colors; you have all the bases covered!

Honored Contributor

🤔 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@USAnn   How did those bracelets get by me????  I'm going to have a second look at those when I'm done here.  I love meaningful jewelry and I can tell those three bracelets mean a lot to you.  Enjoy them and the memories and meaning behind them.

And thank you for the wonderful pics.  Love those beauties!  That second picture is a riot!!!

Honored Contributor

Probably 10 or 15 years ago.  I bought QVC jewelry way back in the day when I didn't know much about jewelry.   

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

.... and said to yourself, "I have to have that!!!"?

I can't remember the last time.  It might have been that thick JAI bangle with quite a bit of gold on it.  But then I read the reviews with complaints about clasp trouble (among other things) and never ordered.

Back in the day I used to see things I wanted all the time. These days I'm sure having enough jewelry has quite a bit to do with it, but I would love to see something that makes me drool. 

@faeriemoon   I’m giving away and selling more jewelry than I’m purchasing. The only shows that interest me are silver sale/clearance or Honora...lately those have been a snooze fest. Definitely need to put an ad in the papers for new jewelry buyers. I think they’re concentrating too much on selling high priced skincare and makeup and have let jewelry drop by the way side. 

Respected Contributor

I still enjoy shopping for jewelry on the Q as there are many diverse selections, and I really love jewelry!  But I am more selective now, and unfortunately for my pocketbook, I seem to like higher priced items.  But I have many women in my family so I shop for them as well.

My most recent purchases include:  

J354862--Imperial Gold Dangle earrings

Very glamorous, comfortable and a showpiece style--perfect for a fancy evening out

J354628 Honora Pearl and Gem Earrings--a great gift for all the ladies I know

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen anything in a long time except for J Ripka.  I now get what I want locally or order from Ross Simon's.  Their things are beautiful.   The item size is shown on the page in the catalog is in real size.  I've never sent anything back!!!!

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@pupwhipped   What was it??  Do share!!!

@faeriemoon, it's fashion jewelry, not fine jewelry. Susan Graver necklace, J362346. Already have it in the silver version and when the goldtone popped back in stock I grabbed it up, too. I will add this, I can't remember the last time I bought real gold jewelry on QVC. I certainly did in the day back twenty years ago or so, but not now.  

No Image Found

@pupwhipped  I’m also more apt to pick up a costume necklace at the mall...like the longer silver station necklaces that I mix in with others...real w/ fake w/ pearls. It really doesn’t matter to me if I like how it all looks together. 

Valued Contributor

Once in awhile I see a piece of jewelry I like and sometimes buy but nothing like years ago.  I really think jewelry presented on QVC has become uninteresting and settings overdone.  Do we ever see charms?  Do we ever see initials or zodiac items presented?  Once in awhile it happens at 3am on a clearance hour.  We used to see jewelry almost every day and now there is no emphasis on the category.  QVC lost interest and so have the customers.  

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

Once in awhile I see a piece of jewelry I like and sometimes buy but nothing like years ago.  I really think jewelry presented on QVC has become uninteresting and settings overdone.  Do we ever see charms?  Do we ever see initials or zodiac items presented?  Once in awhile it happens at 3am on a clearance hour.  We used to see jewelry almost every day and now there is no emphasis on the category.  QVC lost interest and so have the customers.  

@Gabidog   I Q’s defense, it’s quite expensive to keep inventory of jewelry in all colors, metal finishes, stones and sizes for each. Except for foundation, makeup/skincare is one and done. 

They’ve lost top designers because of high prices and low sales:  Stephen Dweck, Peter Thomas Roth and Michael Dawkins & Barbara Bixby have a few shows a year w/ many clearance items.

Q will present what sells...it’s bottom line. Jewelry is no longer a big money maker. Evidently, makeup either...Beauty IQ channel failed.