Honored Contributor

Re: When was the last time you saw a Q jewelry item....

The last thing I purchased was a Louis Dell'Olio necklace and that had to be at least 6 years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped   What was it??  Do share!!!

Honored Contributor

I've seen some very pretty items, but not at prices I want to pay. I know nicer jewelry isn't inexpensive, particularly gold jewelry, but there seems to be a lack of any middle ground with their jewelry items these days... Either an item is cheap and looks it or it's too pricey for my budget, given that I have no need for more...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's been years and years for me -  but not because I even know what they're offering.  I quit buying jewelry anywhere  (7 years come October) and for the 6 05 7 years before that I was buying one-of-a-kind pieces from a jewelry artist/designer whose work I liked too much!

I virtually never see new and dofferent jewelry amng the friends and family in my current life.  Makes not buying quite easy.

Honored Contributor

For me it's wanting a gemstone that I don't already own. So when I see something unsual or rare...I want it!  

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@pupwhipped   What was it??  Do share!!!

@faeriemoon, it's fashion jewelry, not fine jewelry. Susan Graver necklace, J362346. Already have it in the silver version and when the goldtone popped back in stock I grabbed it up, too. I will add this, I can't remember the last time I bought real gold jewelry on QVC. I certainly did in the day back twenty years ago or so, but not now.  

No Image Found

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @faeriemoon 

It was this ring ...

https://www.qvc.com/Adi-Paz-14K-Gold-Gemstone-Diamond-Accent-Ring.product.J360480.html?sc=SRCH

It's the Adi Paz gemstone diamond accent ring. The setting was so pretty in the presentation and marked down for the hour to $299 so I couldn't pass it up. I got the garnet. It's a deep red and it definitely has a glow to it. And the diamonds, although tiny, sparkle in the light. I haven't been this happy with a piece of jewelry in a long time. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

I thought when I retired I would stop buying jewelry.  Well, that's not quite what happened.  I still buy jewelry, just different kinds of things than I used to buy.  As for seeing something I just *HAD* to have on the Q, well, I can't remember that happening anytime.  This is just one source; there are so many others!

There are still so many cute pairs of earrings, small necklaces to wear with tshirts or tunics and jeans, sweet little bracelets (I am eyeballing a bangle on the Q right now) that go well with casual clothes out there that I just can't resist! *SIGH!!*  I'm hopeless!

Contributor

Last year. I happened to see the presentation on the hand in paw bracelet, and knew I had to have them. I bought 3 - lavendar for my girl who had recently passed to the Rainbow Bridge, purple for my other girl who is my current therapy dog partner, and brown to anchor them and represent us "three blonde chicks". They are so very meaningful to me, and I wear them on every therapy dog visit. You can see them on my wrist in the below photo of Nina taken on a recent therapy dog visit.

Hand in Paw bracelet

Nina crop.jpg

Nina - current therapy dog team partner

Brennie4.jpg

Brenda Lee - therapy dog partner who is now at the Rainbow Bridge 

Honored Contributor

@Say Nay   Congratulations; it's lovely!!  And I'm so glad you were just as excited after you received it as you werewhen you ordered it.  Enjoy wearing it!