Super Contributor

Re: Whats up with the Italy show

I TOTALLY agree. 

@stevieb wrote:

@MsD2K wrote:
I just don't understand the jewelry...it's Italy...where's the GOLD? Why go all the way to Italy to show bronze and vermeil?

And the crystal, don't forget the crystal...  It seems the only thing missing is true "fIne Italian jewelry"...

Respected Contributor

Bronze, crystals, coated silver, hollow, silicone, resin--can't we get this junk right around the corner at Walmart?  Or any other shopping network.  Why go all the way to Italy for cheap costume jewelry!

Trusted Contributor

I agree. Antonella could just as well done the show in studio in WestChester, PA. She did not wear anything lovely and the settings seem dull. I was hoping for a new spin on the show with LR gone, but, it has been a real disappointment Smiley Sad
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed last night's show. It was pleasant and focused on the products. I liked seeing the excerpts around the town(s). Antonella made me feel like I was sitting at the cafe table near her; it was personable. I enjoyed the past Italy shows with the flamboyance, but I didn't have the personal connection with ball gowns and fantasy. All the huge homes and castles, well, it is like churches there, to me, I've seen quite a few and they become all the same (I lived in Europe for a long while.)

Too little or too much to comment on the product selection. It seems it is all the same things all day long. No new surprises. I won't be able to watch Antonella tonite, she may have something different to show to wind down the event.

I want to add, I was curious what the models were talking about to themselves, then the camera finally panned to what was on the table and it was a map of the town. Is Padua near where the QVC Italy facilities are located? 

Valued Contributor

@June2 wrote:
I agree. Antonella could just as well done the show in studio in WestChester, PA. She did not wear anything lovely and the settings seem dull. I was hoping for a new spin on the show with LR gone, but, it has been a real disappointment Smiley Sad

I think QVC could use those gardens near their campus to shoot some shows to have that regal beauty. I've never been there, but I have heard several hosts mention the gardens.

Respected Contributor

Tuned it at midnight to see Antonella's gown and there she was sitting in an empty cafe in a leather jacket. Did she really have to hide herself behind a table with all the beautiful Italian scenery available. Turned it off within five minutes. Disappointed.
Honored Contributor

It's a boring day of bronzo and resin.  

I have a good friend who is from Italy.  She laughs when Q touts the bronze and resin stuff. She said it's considered super cheap costumer jewelry in Italy.  

Honored Contributor

I agree with you, OP, the new norm for QVC seems to be an essential lack of variety and nowhere is that more obvious than with this array of jewelry they've been broadcasting all blessed day long. It's unfortunate..

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Not everybody can afford $300 gold earrings and $5,000 gold bracelet..... No one is forcing you to watch the shows.... you are free to go to the store and purchase your pure gold elsewhere..... 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

It's a boring day of bronzo and resin.  

I have a good friend who is from Italy.  She laughs when Q touts the bronze and resin stuff. She said it's considered super cheap costumer jewelry in Italy.  

Not surprising. That's exactly what it is. Italian women don't wear this costume jewelry. They wear REAL gold.