Valued Contributor

Re: Whats up with the Italy show

Wow, why so much criticism?? It's 5am in Italy!!! Who wears gowns in the morning??? QVC makes a lot of profit, don't you worry about their spending.... if you think their prices are too high, you don't have to buy from them....as simple as that.... 

Honored Contributor

I think think this year, the focus is on the jewelry.   Not the host or the villas or the phony baloney accents.  You know, since no one tunes in to buy gorgeous gowns or Italian villas.  I'm really enjoying the street scenes, little snippets of Italy.  I think this year the show is for those of us who are actually going to buy something.  The jewelry shots and descriptions are quite good.  And Antonella looks amazing!!!    

Honored Contributor

I agree, that is why I do purchase jewelry elsewhere.  I was just stating that the shows in the past were nice, however I do not understand why you have to travel to Italy to show jewelry.  If they were taping from the fair that they always talk about this would make sense.

Super Contributor

Antonella looks great!  Love the show!

Spoiler
Woman Happy
Occasional Contributor

I just don't understand the jewelry...it's Italy...where's the GOLD? Why go all the way to Italy to show bronze and vermeil?
Honored Contributor

Antonella has been discussing this year's Italy show for weeks. She has always stated that this show would be very different, so she could show her perspective of Italy. She wanted to show the people, small shops, tiny streets, fairs, everyday life, beautiful every day things. She set the expectations from the very beginning. I loved it! I did not miss seeing the backdrop of a villa and someone sitting in a gown. Nice to see the Italian host as well.
Valued Contributor

I haven't watched, but did look at what was in the review. Seems to be a whole lot of Bronzo, Bronzo, Bronzo. The profit margin on that stuff must be really good. There is a lot of sterling and a teensy but of gold. I agree-disappointing in terms of jewelry presented. Would like to catch a bit of Antonella but this is a crazy weekend for me.
Honored Contributor

There was never a reason to go to Italy in the past, but I like this new approach.  The presentations is the cafe make more sense than sitting in an evening gown

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MsD2K wrote:
I just don't understand the jewelry...it's Italy...where's the GOLD? Why go all the way to Italy to show bronze and vermeil?

And the crystal, don't forget the crystal...  It seems the only thing missing is true "fIne Italian jewelry"...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Too much bronzo and crystal - it's costume jewelry with a high price tag. Most of the styles were not interesting or unique.