Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whats up with the Italy show

As much as I like Antonella, I didn't watch the show on Sunday. After all, it was Father's Day, and it was an appropriate day to honor all the fathers in my family. It would have been very insulting to them to be glued in front of the TV watching a jewelry show. I think QVC might have gotten a lot more viewers on another Sunday.

Trusted Contributor

Whoever 'we' are that you are speaking about is probably a minority of the number of people who buy jewelry from the Q.  I truly believe they are selling to the masses who don't have alot of money to spend - that's why the cheaper stuff. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tsukiko wrote:

I remember on a past jewelry show when the TSV was bronze twisted hoop earrings,  the Italian vendor for Blue Oro said that when the price of gold went up it put a lot of jewelry companies out of business because they couldn't the afford to purchase the raw material anymore. So I would imagine the majority of the jewelry being bought and sold over there is other than gold for the mainstream consumer.

No, that is not the case... I have relatives in Italy and I was there last September.  They are most definitely selling 18k gold jewelry (which is the gold standard in Italy).  I saw very little that was not gold sold in the jewelry stores.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

It's a boring day of bronzo and resin.  

I have a good friend who is from Italy.  She laughs when Q touts the bronze and resin stuff. She said it's considered super cheap costumer jewelry in Italy.  

Hi CalmInTheHeart ....  I have relatives in Italy and I went to visit last September.  You are so right!!  The bronze and resin filled jewelry is definitely considered to be cheap costume jewelry in Italy.

Esteemed Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

It's a boring day of bronzo and resin.  

I have a good friend who is from Italy.  She laughs when Q touts the bronze and resin stuff. She said it's considered super cheap costumer jewelry in Italy.  

Not surprising. That's exactly what it is. Italian women don't wear this costume jewelry. They wear REAL gold.

I agree with you 100%

Honored Contributor

WHY are so many people here complaining about the QVC trip to Italy?

I think it's entirely possible that the airline and hotel costs are "promotional consideration" paid for by the Italian Tourism Bureau,  to generate interest in tourist destinations!

I like Antonella but she sometimes seems like a bull in a china shop ... too over the top.    

Contributor

I honestly feel as though Antonella is not comfortable in a gown. She dresses in black most of the time and is always sitting down to hide her weight.  A gown would show too much skin and would draw attention to her body. I know, bc I am overweight too.