Honored Contributor

What was your last jewelry purchase that you returned?

[ Edited ]

I bought my first piece of Sonia Britton from evine last week.

It's a diamond and pink sapphire ring in white gold.

The diamonds are nice F, G and H and vary from VS2 on up, so the sparkle is there even though they are tiny. 

It's the pink sapphires that *bring it down*. 

It's like sparkle, sparkle, sparkly, blah, sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, blah.

Make sense?

I'm sending it back.  I haven't bought a piece in a long time from anyone.  Am usually crazy about what I do get (mostly gold only pieces--no stones). 

I have to admit, I feel guilty doing this, but it is an option given.

What didn't meet your expections?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What was your last jewelry purchase that you returned?

Silver Bonanza Day 1 1/2 in hoop diamond cut earrings.

The post was so thick it made the pierce in my ear wider and was so painful they were unwearable.  They were remakes of an older Q style in gold.  They  did not look as good as they did on the  show.  Q cost me $10 to try them on and hurt my ears.  Kohl's jewelry is looking more elegant than Q lately.

Respected Contributor

I sent two pieces back to HSN not long ago.  One was a rainbow tourmaline necklace from Jay King.  I usually like the items I've purchased from him but this one was just dull and resembled pebbles from the yard!  I also returned a set of pearls from them.  I was not happy with the quality.

Trusted Contributor

The last time I returned something was about 2 years ago or so.  I ordered  a gold necklace from the Q and got an incredibly cheap and ugly bracelet in a torn, dirty plastic bag. I was shocked and disappointed.  Eventually I got what I had ordered and got the wretched multiple return bracelet out of my house.

Respected Contributor

Returned a beautiful princess set multicolor sapphire ring and earrings. I regrettably returned them to JTV, even though they were really fabulous, because the posts hurt my ears, they were too thick. I didn't want the ring without the earrings.

I never feel bad about returning anything, I decide before I order if the s&h is worth it. Much better to return an item than not wear or use it. If I don't absolutely love something my rule is I must send it back. I learned from years of wasted purchases.

I think you were wise to return piece. If you did not you would be looking at the so so sapphires each time you wore the ring instead of enjoying the ring.

Esteemed Contributor

Big Bonanza silver day, solid sterling silver bangle. It was gorgeous but the two safety clips wouldn't stay closed. I tried fixing it but looked awful. 

Valued Contributor

A gold Diamonique ring I bought some years back. I have several Diamonique rings I love and wear all the time, but that one looked Cracker-Jacky.

Esteemed Contributor

I just sent back the Tova huggie Diamonique earrings. The whole thing looked cheesy somehow, but hard to explain. I didn't feel guilty in the least.

Honored Contributor

I can't remember the last time I returned a jewelry purchase to any shopping channel.  I think it was 2 or 3 years ago, I returned an aquamrine ring to JTV, the center stone was much smaller than I thought it would be. 

Valued Contributor

I returned a sterling silver ring that had a small charm hanging from it. The charm got caught on everything so back it went!