Honored Contributor

Re: What was your last jewelry purchase that you returned?

@Lucky Charm  I am returning j335904 bracelet in the milky aqua.  The stones didn't wow me....I rarely return jewelry.  I wore it out for a couple hours last week.....wanting to love it.  My teen son is my go-to-guy when it comes to helping me pick out nice pieces.....he loves it...  I have it in the labradorite and love that piece....it's going back.....sorry son!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Frequent Contributor

I recently returned a Samuel B hinged bangle bracelet to evine.  The silver scrollwork on one of the endcaps was not finished properly.  It looked like a blob of melted silver where there should have been scroll detail perfectly matching the opposite end cap.   To me this is defective or, at the very least, second quality.  It clearly was somebody else's returned item because it took an entire month for it to ship out and it arrived with no tags and a few very minor dings/signs of wear on the underside of the bracelet. If I pay over $100 for a piece of jewelry, I expect it to be first quality and unworn.   The fact that they charge the customer for return shipping, defective or not, is a rip off. This is not the first time and I doubt I'll shop there again.  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

An angel wing necklace.  The chain was not long enough and the piece itself looked larger in the photo.  Would be nice for a young girl  of 10-13.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I bought and returned to The Shopping Channel last year in July one of those Pandora knockoff silver bracelets that came with a maple leaf Canadian flag/ammolite silver charm. The Korite brand bracelet was finicky to open and close and the charm would not stay in place where it was supposed to. It was a Canada Day showstopper bracelet too but it just wasn't nice enough to keep given that it could have been better made and designed.

Honored Contributor

I bought a semi precious necklace from JTV - beautiful 1 carat stonbes of  amethyst - garnet - blue topaz - citrine and peridot across about 3/4 of the necklace and then just chain in the back. Absolutely love how it looks but it scratches my neck terribly. Not just feels scratchy but left little red scratches on my neck. Must go back though it breaks my heart because it is so pretty.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the Affinty pave blue diamond ring in the round setting but I wanted the earrings in the cushion cut type square setting to match.

The ring is fine but QVC sent me the oval earrings.   I sent back the earrings, the oval was a bit smaller than the square and I never re-ordered.

Esteemed Contributor

Not once but twice!  Judith R estate bracelet.  The clasp was faulty on both.  I should have read the reviews; it seemed many had the same issue. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've returned evine ruby earrings. The stone were set a little not symmetrically.

Overall, stones were very good quality. But this platinum plated silver started tarnishing within a week in Seattle weather. I could not get this patina off, and I thought it would be a mess, if I keep cleaning the plating on it with a silver cloth to make it shine, it would came off soon.