Honored Contributor

What was the last meaningful item of jewelry you purchased or someone purchased for you?

I have always been a lover of jewelry, from as far back as I can remember!  Whether it's fake or real, higher priced or inexpensive --- doesn't matter!  

I admit that now I am retired I don't wear much of it and I don't buy much of it, but I still admire what I have and still love looking on line and in stores.

Most times when DH would want to buy me something, he would always give me a gift of jewelry.  Real or not real.  A gift item of jewelry has always been a gift to celebrate a special occasion!  

What was the last meaningful item of jewelry you purchased or someone purchased for you?  Doesn't matter if it was expensive or costume!

My last meaningful item was for my 70th birthday this year.  It was a white gold band with small rubies (my birth stone) and diamonds, in a kind of eternity style.  When I wear it, it always makes me smile!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Re: What was the last meaningful item of jewelry you purchased or someone purchased for you?

After my beloved pup got sick, I bought a paw print necklace. After she passed it gave me solace at times when I missed her so.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Valued Contributor

Re: What was the last meaningful item of jewelry you purchased or someone purchased for you?

There have been many over the years, but the one that is most cherished is a gold bracelet my Mother bought me from QVC for Christmas. 

It was 2003 and it was the last Christmas before she passed.  Miss her every day.

Honored Contributor

DH bought me a pair of Diamond studs when I took my ring to the jeweler to have it checked for insurance purposes.

I love them.

Honored Contributor

2 items that were from Hubbs:

When he was working he brought home a little Jack-O-Lantern pin that said BOO!. that 

I wear during Halloween on my vests.

After our Geman Shepherd crossed the bridge he got me a ring w/a moon on it. I still miss her. On nights I could not sleep she and I would watch the moon from the bedroom window.

Thank you,Hubbs!

Honored Contributor

24 carat phoenix earrings....signatue jewelry purchased long ago

Respected Contributor

I like to think that all my jewelry is meaningful but my most treasured pieces are a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings that my husband bought for me for our first Christmas together, my engagement/wedding band set and an opal and diamond ring (my two daughters' birthstones).  I never take off those two rings- in fact I don't know if I can get them off. 

Respected Contributor

The silver pendant I bought nine years ago that holds my son's ashes. I had it engraved. That's the most meaningful and will always be. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When we went to Hawaii, I was fascinated by the palm trees, since I live in the northeast and had never seen one in person. I commemmorated that trip w/ a beautiful palm tree pendant.

Out of nowhere (no particular occasion) my SIL bought me a pair of diamond hoop earrings! I was stunned!

And one of the gifts from my DH...I was so particular about what I wanted in an engagement/wedding band....after we both searched & searched found just the right beautiful ring!  And then he kneeled in the parking lot and proposed (again!)

"The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree."

Respected Contributor

For my birthday this year my daughter told my husband she had an idea for a present for me.  A Pandora bracelet.  They picked out a Cinderella charm because she's my favorite, a Pooh charm my husband picked out, and Piglet my daughter picked out because when she was a baby she LOVED Piglet.  Had a stuffie she took everywhere. And still has it.