Honored Contributor

Re: What to do with the "strings" on a bolo bracelet?

I have a couple of bracelets with the "strings" and agree they are annoying.  I don't wear them often but when I do I wear them on my non-dominant arm (left) so they are less likely to interfere with something I'm doing.  I too try to wear them as loosely as I can stand to minimize the amount of dangle.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  My sister and I both became divorced homeowners.  We long ago decided we should have been in the garage with dad instead of in the kitchen with mom.  I do have an enviable tool collection that I've bought and inherited.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No suggestions - sorry!  You could take them to a jeweler and see if they have any suggestions as to how to adjust them, but it might be more than the bracelets are worth.  I really like this type of bracelet and find them very comfortable.  I like that there are no trickly fasteners to mess with.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

It was only $10.00 from LC, a stainless with garnets.  Not much of a gamble, but still a disappointment.

Contributor

I absolutely detest adjustable bracelets and won't consider buying them no matter how pretty.  If you've taken the plunge anyhow then you may want to try wrapping/tucking the extra length around your arm and the main body of the bracelet sp it won't dangle.

Respected Contributor

I see they are very popular and good prices but I'm not sure the clasp stays where you put it. I have seen comments on reviews.

Respected Contributor

I haven't bought any of that style because I know it would annoy me to wear it. I don't have a solution for you other than suggesting trying to tuck the dangling ends in under the bracelet part.

Respected Contributor

The problem mentioned with these bracelets is why I never bought one. I knew I’d never wear them because they’d drive me nuts. It’s weird but as I’ve gotten older, small silly stuff aggravates me. When I was younger I’d put up with anything to wear stuff that was fashionable. Now, if it’s not comfy, I don’t wear it. 

I think it has something to do with post-meno. At least that’s the explanation I’m going with. 😆

Honored Contributor

I ended up taking some scotch tape and taping the ends to one side of my bracelet...LOL!