Honored Contributor

What size jewelry do you like to wear?

I'm looking at some large jewelry on another channel and I wish I had reason to wear jewelry that large, because I think it's neat. But I don't. I really am preferring smaller size of jewelry. I did just receive a very dainty ring, that's what I call it, and I really like it. But, I want to be able to see something a bit larger. I like the solitares, I like band rings, but I have all kinds, shapes and sizes. I really prefer now, something more toned down, than what I am watching, but large enough to see easily.

Also, I'm liking gemstones more now than the "sparkles". Gemstones can have white sparkle stones too, but I just love the colors of gemstones now. Maybe it's an age thing. ??

Do you have preferences?

Honored Contributor

Re: What size jewelry do you like to wear?

I ike a wide variety of stuff.  I see these necklaces that people have been wearing with very large colored stones and I think they look really cool!  But I don't have any personally.  I go look at them in stores and then I don't buy them.  I can't figure out how or what exactly I want to wear them with.

Generally speaking I've always worn somewhat smaller things.  I do like sparkle though.  I like gold tone but tend to wear more silver.  It seems to look better on me.  

I've always liked gemstone colors.  Real or faux.  Of course, real would be nice but so expensive!

As far as rings, I love them!  But I usually have to try and get smaller ones as my hands and fingers are small and I look stupid with big ones and they are uncomfortable on me.

Regarding earrings, I like a dangle and something noticeable, but they have to be light as my lobes will no longer handle the weight.

So, I guess in answer -- I like all types of jewelry.  And I do admire larger pieces on women and think they look wonderful! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I prefer small to medium jewelry.  I’m a small person and large jewelry overwhelms me.  I recently saw a necklace I liked but it had 8 strands.  I was tempted but feared it would look like the necklace was wearing me instead of the other way around.    

Respected Contributor

I tend to wear the same things every day, simple chain and earrings. I too am attracted to the interesting and attractive items seen on TV. Have bought a few but rarely wear. 

Honored Contributor

I llike large,  bold jewelry in bold colors.   I don't believe I own anything that could be considered dainty as I am not a dainty person.   I have much old Indian-made turquoise jewelry that I wear when I visit the East coast just to embarrass my relatives who love "dainty". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I llike large,  bold jewelry in bold colors.   I don't believe I own anything that could be considered dainty as I am not a dainty person.   I have much old Indian-made turquoise jewelry that I wear when I visit the East coast just to embarrass my relatives who love "dainty". 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  Hi Kachina:  I have to agree with you.  I don't like gemstones that are 1 or 2 carats.  The lowest I'll goe is 4 or 5 carats.  Best size I love the most is 8 and up but not 20.  Love stones that give off a lot of sparkle.  This is why I love Michael's rings because you just don't see a lot of designers using large stones.  Have to say that Paul Deasey's past TTV single stone ring in the colors Evine had on is a great ring.  I bought it in the blue topaz and the citrine.  They were 10 ct round single stones.  Beautiful rings and the sparkle from these are totally there.  I don't buy hardly anything from him, but this past TTV ring was a winner.  

Respected Contributor

For some reason, I seem to like bolder rings and bracelets, but smaller necklaces and earrings most of the time.

Honored Contributor

I would never wear "dainty".    I like bold (but not oversize) statement pieces.

Due to joint problems in my neck, I can't wear necklaces, so I like a bolder earring.

I used to wear a lot of rings,  but now prefer a nice cuff or something that stands out ..... I don't wear several bracelets at one time ..... I'm more of a "one and done" jewelry wearer.

Trusted Contributor

Most of the time I wear jewelry with a business suit, so I prefer smaller, more conservative pieces.  Don't like large or dangle earrings--just studs, and lightweight because at my age my earlobes won't support big, bodacious earrings anymore.  Bangle bracelets are my favorite and I wear them most often. I do like large gemstone pendants, although they're getting harder to find all the time. Not being a ring lover, I never buy them and hardly wear the ones I already have.  I gave most of them to my daughter after my first husband died, and she enjoys wearing them.

For casual a small station necklace or nice chain and studs or huggie hoops go with almost anything.

Regular Contributor

I tend to mostly wear medium scale jewelry, but I like things stacked and layered to make statement jewelry!  And though I have a number of wonderful pieces in my jewelry box, I wear the same stuff each day, only changing it up on special occassions.