Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite gemstone today?

White metal for sure.  White gold for my wedding set or diamond earrings, silver for my every day fashion jewelry.

I still love the blue topaz (my December birthstone) Garnet (my DH January birthstone)

but more into the opaque stones lately.  Onyx, lapis, malachite.  Love the JAI line, but if I bought everything that I liked, I would be in big trouble!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

pyrope garnet and london blue topaz are my current favorites. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Any corundum.  That'd all Sapphire/Ruby.   I like them becaus they are so tough.  Just behind the Diamond in hardness.  They come in a rainbow of colors.  They are beautiful and expensive.  Everything I love in a gem stone.

Super Contributor

So hard to choose.....I mix metals and love gems!  I tend to be attracted to the style first then the gemstone.  I really like Mexican Fire Opals, Alexanderites, Australian opals and Fire Agate.

New Contributor

What is the most taboo thing about wearing obsidian? Any taboos?

Any taboo about wearing obsidian? Small make up this problem very sure tell you there is a taboo, obsidian is extremely evil, sometimes wear it not only can not reach the desired effect if the opposite will backfire. And obsidian is also a skill. Here is a look at the technique of wearing obsidian and what should be taboo. Wear obsidian or wear on the right hand, when I can wear a hung around the neck magnetic energy decreases, try not to wear bathing, sleeping wear helps sleep. Obsidian was a great way to ward off evil spirits, and it was able to neutralize the negative energy

Any taboo about wearing obsidian? Small make up this problem very sure tell you there is a taboo, obsidian is extremely evil, sometimes wear it not only can not reach the desired effect if the opposite will backfire. And obsidian is also a skill. Here is a look at the technique of wearing obsidian and what should be taboo.

Wear obsidian or wear on the right hand, when I can wear a hung around the neck magnetic energy decreases, try not to wear bathing, sleeping wear helps sleep.

Obsidian to ward off bad luck, can dissolve a strong negative energy, the ancient Chinese buddhist relics, there are quite a lot about town curtilage obsidian holy or Buddha or ward off evil spirits. Obsidian is also the best gem for buddhas now. For the crystal family, obsidian is also one of the most powerful crystals to rule out.

Obsidian is a type of igneous rock, and many people think that obsidian is not a crystal, but the obsidian component is also SiO2 (silicon dioxide). Obsidian is a natural glass formed by the rapid cooling of a volcanic rock, and is a crystalline stone of non-pure crystal. Obsidian is usually black, but there are also shades of brown, gray and a small amount of red, blue, and even green obsidian.

Obsidian is likely to be all monochromatic, or have stripes or spots, one of the most famous is the Rainbow Rainbow flash black Obsidian Rainbow Obsidian, and some provision is in the shape of an ellipse is commonly known as the monocular Obsidian or Obsidian eyes, and if by price, monocular Obsidian and Rainbow Rainbow Obsidian eyes is the highest price, because in addition to production is relatively scarce, appearance is beautiful.

Obsidian mostly have the distribution of volcanic activity areas, such as the United States, Japan, Indonesia's Java island of Hawaii, other parry islands in Iceland, Hungary, Italy, the former Soviet union, Mexico, Ecuador and Guatemala has produced. The black obsidian, which is black and black, is distributed in Arizona and new Mexico in the United States, and is called "the tears of appachia" by the indians.