Super Contributor

Re: What's your favorite color of diamond?

I like my diamonds au naturelle.

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2015 Penellope said:
On 4/3/2015 RetRN said:
On 4/3/2015 Chrystaltree said:

I own white diamonds and I have a 2ct black diamond pyramid ring. I don't care for the blue diamonds that the shopping channels sell, they are too dark and don't look like genuine blue diamonds. I would like to own a green diamond ring in yellow gold. Or even yellow gold over silver.

Of course you would. Miss high and mighty speaks yet again.

How uncalled-for.

Yes, we have to play nice in the sandbox. Wink

Super Contributor

I prefer white. Most of the time people think red diamonds are ruby or garnet, blue are sapphires or topaz, green are emerald or chrome diopside.
Respected Contributor

On 4/4/2015 expatgal said: I prefer white. Most of the time people think red diamonds are ruby or garnet, blue are sapphires or topaz, green are emerald or chrome diopside.
I agree. Someone gave me a ring with blue diamonds and people would compliment me on my sparkley topaz ring. They didn't look the same to me but I knew they were diamonds. Other than white I like some shades of champagne.
Trusted Contributor

I'm not much of a diamond girl although I've been gifted with several really lovely pieces over the years. All the ones I have now are white diamonds, although some of the colors are starting to look pretty good to me. I think I'd like a blue or green piece but haven't seen anything--certainly not on the Q--that made me want to whip out my credit card yet.

Honored Contributor

white

Respected Contributor

The original real deal; white/clear/colorless.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

My mother has a "white" diamond, one of the few I've seen. She will sometimes walk into a jewelry store and the jeweler will ask if he can look at it. When you see one of these, they just don't look like other diamonds if you are putting them side by side comparing. She got a smaller stone than she could have gotten because when they were all laid out in front of her, it was just obviously the winner because of that color.

She worked and saved a long time for it, and bought it in the 1960's.

Honored Contributor

I don't really like diamonds. I like Morganite.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Morganite is a very pretty stone. I have seen some pretty pieces on JTV. I think people are realizing that diamonds are not the only pretty sparkly stones. In fact some people are choosing gem stones over diamonds for weddings. I have a friend now who has a pink sapphire her boyfriend had it made and it is lovely. There is nothing wrong with diamonds but there are endless possibilities with different stones.