Honored Contributor

Re: What's with Q bangles and their poor closures?

Sorry Ladies, but the sign of a good bangle bracelet depends on the closure. Cheap is cheap! If it's faulty from the start, you'll never be happy w/ it. My word for the day: RETURN. 

Honored Contributor

It takes me awhile to find bangles that will go over my big hand but when I do, I don't often take them off.  I had to last week in order to take an MRI, for the first time in several years.  Thought I'd leave them off awhile and wear some of my cuffs.  I don't like the hinged bangles and only have a couple. 

20170514_151252.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Of course it's a return.  I'm just lamenting the trend toward cheap, and not just at the Q.  It's increasingly difficult to find well-made fine jewelry that's not a southwestern or balinese or artisinal type look, which for the most part isn't my style.

I wish @Kachina624's bangles would do it for me. They are beautiful but my hand is so wide that bangles without hinges are a no-go.  They have to be so big that they hang like big hula hoops on my smaller wrist once they get over my hand.  I want something a little more fitted once it's on the wrist.