Contributor

What’s up with RLM jewelry?

What in the heck happened to RLM jewelry? I have several pieces of his beautiful sterling from years gone by. Now they are either bronze or silver tone. Do disappointing to me! I have to believe it’s his way of putting out new designs at a cheaper price point for bigger profit. While I understand the concept of wanting to make a good living, there was always something so special about his designs and the quality of the pieces. Sadly, I won’t be ordering again.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What’s up with RLM jewelry?

stopped watching him when he switched from sterling silver to bronze.....

Honored Contributor

I believe he sold his business several years ago, so now he's dancing to someone else's tune.  I'd think he would prefer doing nothing to putting out his recent cheap junk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I didn’t know he sold off but it would explain the changes. It’s like talented musicians being courted by big music companies for their talent then changing them once they’re in the pocket. I’d love it if he went back to his own wonderful style and craftsmanship.
Esteemed Contributor

RLM still has beautiful jewelry....,on Ebay!

Honored Contributor

Iam fortunate thirty years ago started my collection of RLM, beautiful in every way, weighty, pristine works of art. Robert, Thank you. In the future Granddaughter, will receive a chosen piece on special occasions. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonie wrote:
What in the heck happened to RLM jewelry? I have several pieces of his beautiful sterling from years gone by. Now they are either bronze or silver tone. Do disappointing to me! I have to believe it’s his way of putting out new designs at a cheaper price point for bigger profit. While I understand the concept of wanting to make a good living, there was always something so special about his designs and the quality of the pieces. Sadly, I won’t be ordering again.

@Moonie   That started more than a few years back, when the prices of both gold and silver went through the roof.  

Trusted Contributor

@Moonie wrote:

Robert stated on the air that QVC wanted him to lower the price point.

He had no choice but to start using bronze.

Maybe he can find a new home in Minnesota.

Honored Contributor

i have many original silver pieces from RLM and some of his mixed metal pieces.

i must say that i am loving his bronze jewelry. they hold up well, have tons of shine, and are affordable (especially when they go on sale.). he is doing some wonderful designs and they can easily mix and match back to his silver pieces.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have many original silver pieces from RLM and some of his mixed metal pieces.

i must say that i am loving his bronze jewelry. they hold up well, have tons of shine, and are affordable (especially when they go on sale.). he is doing some wonderful designs and they can easily mix and match back to his silver pieces.

@sunshine45   I've been finding quite a few of his pieces at TJ Maxx. Just bought another pair of earrings of his a few days ago - gorgeous and funky - had been $40 at TJM reduced in the clearance section to $12.00, a steal!