Valued Contributor

Re: What's the best adhesive for bezel set stones?

I was under the impression that good jewelry-makers use a two-part epoxy to glue stones. It's pretty vaporous, highly flammable stuff that requires special precautions and very good ventilation. If you really want the stone to hold that's the way to go. I had a stone fall out of a ring and a local jeweler charged me $25 to epoxy it back in place. A lot but that included cleaning the stone and the residue left in the setting by the old glue.

By the way I had a stone fall out of a favorite Carolyn Pollack ring and if I remember correctly her company charged me little beyond shipping to replace the stone and glue it back in the ring. I had been wearing the ring for over ten years when the stone dropped out.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's the best adhesive for bezel set stones?

@software, in defense of Or Paz, I've worn this ring for about 4 years now, at work (I'm a horticulturist so it sees some abuse), at play, at home, in the shower - and I didn't pay much for it.

I like it, but I'm on the fence about putting any money into fixing it.  I'd say it's held up pretty well given the circumstances, now that I understand better about these things.

Thanks to all for the insight.

Cogito ergo sum