Valued Contributor

Re: What's happened to Honora?

On 1/2/2015 tropicalbeachgirl said:

For me the late '90's thru early 2000 was the apex of jewlery shopping at the Q. Things went downhill from the days when you had to stay up til midnight to get a Bixby TSV because her offerings sold out as soon as they were put up.

Ripka was the same way. Honora had sell outs too; beautiful strands and pieces.

Honora sold the business to Richline Group in May 2013 after 60 years as a family held business. Think that explains all.

Honora sale

I remember those days so well and spent a lot on jewelry! Not the case anymore! I didn't know that Honora was sold. That does explain it all. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

On 11/22/2014 MalteseMomma said:

I never ,ever liked Honora. They always looked cheap to me.

We can't all afford Mikimoto.

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 jump4joy said:
On 1/2/2015 tropicalbeachgirl said:

For me the late '90's thru early 2000 was the apex of jewlery shopping at the Q. Things went downhill from the days when you had to stay up til midnight to get a Bixby TSV because her offerings sold out as soon as they were put up.

Ripka was the same way. Honora had sell outs too; beautiful strands and pieces.

Honora sold the business to Richline Group in May 2013 after 60 years as a family held business. Think that explains all.

Honora sale

I remember those days so well and spent a lot on jewelry! Not the case anymore! I didn't know that Honora was sold. That does explain it all. Thanks!

I agree.

Super Contributor

I agree about the colored pearls looking like pop beads. Lol.
Honored Contributor

They sold out to the fake stuff on QVC. I would venture a guess that their real pearl jewelry is still out there in the high quality jewelry stores.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Go to Kohls or Bed Bath and Beyond.com for Honora.
Super Contributor

ALL so called statement necklaces look like junk jewelry to me, especially Graver's and Goldstein's.
Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Grace K said: ALL so called statement necklaces look like junk jewelry to me, especially Graver's and Goldstein's.

ITA! They ARE junk!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

The company was sold and like most, it's now on the skids.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment