Trusted Contributor
I used to look forward to the Honora shows, I often had to turn them off because each design was more beautiful than the next! They were so hard to resist - I often didn't! Now it's all about bronze, black spinel and designs that generally are unappealing (at least to me), some that are just plain ugly, with very few exceptions, so I don't even bother to watch. My credit card thanks them, but it's just disappointing to see this once beautiful line become so mediocre.
Contributor

Re: What's happened to Honora?

I totally agree. Lately there has been nothing even remotely interesting.
Contributor

I totally agree. Lately there has been nothing even remotely interesting.
Esteemed Contributor

I started to watch and changed the channel, just like yesterdays jewelry show with Antonella, way too much bronzo.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. The quality of their designs seems to have decreased.
Trusted Contributor

It's all mostly older items that have been in inventory for a long time. It was so boring, I agree. I searched for new items and not much came up. The designs all look the same lately. I thought the TSV was so not that special. How many stud earrings do we need? I miss the days of neat pearl and link necklaces and neat designs that were so original and unique.

If QVC is looking to have more customers, they saved me a lot of money today!

Trusted Contributor

On 11/21/2014 lizzief said: I used to look forward to the Honora shows, I often had to turn them off because each design was more beautiful than the next! They were so hard to resist - I often didn't! Now it's all about bronze, black spinel and designs that generally are unappealing (at least to me), some that are just plain ugly, with very few exceptions, so I don't even bother to watch. My credit card thanks them, but it's just disappointing to see this once beautiful line become so mediocre.

I couldn't agree more, and I miss the gold and/or silver jewelry with a variety of beautiful gems as well.

BTW, regarding the portion of your comment that I have bolded, I see this often online these days worded in this way, but I believe you may mean that each design was more beautiful than the last!

Esteemed Contributor

I went through a phase of buying a lot of pearl necklaces in different color patterns, and some earrings too. But I rarely wear them. So I have enough and I am kind of "over" it. But I agree that the stuff I saw online from today's shows did not interest me in the least. I also was a bit suspicious of when the vendors (very nice gentlemen) kept repeating things like, "Oh, I don't know if we will ever get another harvest like this one again." and "Oh, we can't do these prices again," and things like that. That may be true, but it kind of turned me off.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I agree with you. Most of it looks cheap to me. I only like pearls set in gold, and the pearls have to be the traditional white or black, not all these multi colored things they now have. To me they look like a little girl's pop beads.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with Martha--more pearls in gold! I don't want to buy sterling or bronzo. I can see why people like the colored pearls; went through that phase a few years back. The dye begins to look faded and show wear over the longrun, so that isn't something I'd do again. They're really cute, though.