New Contributor

What's Happened with the Great Prices on QVC?

I've been a customer with QVC back before they were QVC and it used to be the place I bought all my jewelry, but over the past couple of years the prices have become less and less competitive.  With other sources like JTV and Amazon, I can find good quality jewelry at much better prices.  I know they'll say it's because of their higher quality, but I challenge that.

Get with it QVC, bring back better pricing!

Trusted Contributor

Re: What's Happened with the Great Prices on QVC?

Like everything else, prices go up.

Honored Contributor

@dak

"What's Happened with the Great Prices on QVC?"

Nothing.

"Back in da day," the only compitition QVC had was The Home Shopping Club.  Both "new kids on the block."

Besides, once you tack on taxes plus S&H, you can find better deals at a B&M jewelery store.  Most have websites now as well as a few w/free shipping.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@dak wrote:

I've been a customer with QVC back before they were QVC and it used to be the place I bought all my jewelry, but over the past couple of years the prices have become less and less competitive.  With other sources like JTV and Amazon, I can find good quality jewelry at much better prices.  I know they'll say it's because of their higher quality, but I challenge that.

Get with it QVC, bring back better pricing!

I agree.  I used to buy my quality jewelry here and HSN, but have found good quality items at JTV.  I go there now for jewelry and they have good customer service, too. 

Valued Contributor

It is not just jewelry but even a denim & co tee has increased a lot!  I now buy items on sale and not the QVC price because the v is gone.  I know prices rise normally everywhere but there are so many options that QVC no longer stands out as a place to find a good deal.  It pays to shop around.  

Honored Contributor

Prices are going up for several reasons.  

- Inflation.  

- The natural order of higher prices in the current market.  Almost everything costs more today than 6 months ago.  

- Countless products are made in China and businesses are pricing so they can buy more at the higher prices they'll be charged (tariffs).   Just like gasoline, today's price is based on what it'll cost to replace it.

- Just wait for food prices to keep increasing because farmers can't sell to China and other countries.  A number of countries (ie: China, Mexico) have already made deals to buy US grains, pork, and beef from other places so it'll be a while before the US can find new markets and/or get their old markets back.

- Electronics, steel, and a lot of other products are affected by the same things.

Honored Contributor

The 30.00 top is now 60.00.  The 25.00 jeans are now 50.00.  This is a conscious decision on their part.  I still buy, but not as much.

Frequent Contributor

I checked on Amazon the other day to see if PTR's Retinol Fusion PM pads were available. Someone had said they couldn't find them at QVC.  I found them listed, but with no price.  I'm wondering if he's going to come out with a newer product to replace them.  I started looking at many of the other items of PTR and was shocked at how cheap some of the prices were.