Super Contributor

Re: What's Going On With Eternagold?

On 2/16/2015 GGBOXERS said:

One thing is that if you try to resell Eterna Gold, you can forget about it. No one will buy it because of the resin factor.

Perhaps to some it is not an investment.

No resin in EG. I have never had any issues in reselling it for any reason.

Respected Contributor

I like Eternagold because it is brighter and more shiny than regular 14k. I have a lot of pieces--many from the good 'ole days of QVC gold!

Honored Contributor

I have a number of pieces that I really like. It was always a good brand. I think the thing now is that QVC, along with the other tele-retailers, is that they've gone into almost full costume jewelry mode.

BTW, EG is totally saleable. I even sold some of mine to USGB several years ago. I got caught up in that because they paid so well and I had probably a couple hundred extra pieces of fine jewelry. hehe - it's kind of addictive and SO much more lucrative than listing on ebay and such.

Respected Contributor

Ted has always said that EternaGold is 100% pure gold. I would think and common sense would tell you that gold pieces containing resin would sell cheaper than a 100% pure gold (14K) piece would sell for... I have many Eternagold pieces and they still look brand new.

KatieB

Respected Contributor

On 2/16/2015 GGBOXERS said:

One thing is that if you try to resell Eterna Gold, you can forget about it. No one will buy it because of the resin factor.

Perhaps to some it is not an investment.

There is NO resin factor with eternagold. I have sold quite a bit on the secondary market with no problem.

Respected Contributor

On 2/16/2015 KatieB said:

Ted has always said that EternaGold is 100% pure gold. I would think and common sense would tell you that gold pieces containing resin would sell cheaper than a 100% pure gold (14K) piece would sell for... I have many Eternagold pieces and they still look brand new.

KatieB

Ted never would say Eternagold is 100% pure gold. 14k is 58% pure gold and the other % are alloys. Eternagolds alloy mix is different than others which makes it stronger and more scratch resistant.

14K gold is 14/24 = .585 which is equal to 585/1000, making the European marking 585, and the pure gold content 58.5%

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_4618978_gold-k-k-k-jewelry.html

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/16/2015 esmeraldagooch said:

KatieB

Ted never would say Eternagold is 100% pure gold. 14k is 58% pure gold and the other % are alloys. Eternagolds alloy mix is different than others which makes it stronger and more scratch resistant.

14K gold is 14/24 = .585 which is equal to 585/1000, making the European marking 585, and the pure gold content 58.5%

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_4618978_gold-k-k-k-jewelry.html

I believe Katie meant that Ted usually says it is REAL gold. He says that often.

Honored Contributor

I think their sales dropped because their products are way over-priced. Most EG is running $100 per gram and that is just plain nuts given the price of gold and what many other online retailers charge.

Check out sarrafdotcom if you're looking for gold jewelry at great prices! They offer a standard 10% promo code on their main page too.

Honored Contributor

KatieB

It's not pure gold. It's 14k, big difference. It would have to be 24K to be pure gold.

Honored Contributor

The new items have been little to nothing for a long time. I probably have 8 pairs of earrings and love them all.