Honored Contributor

What kind of a jewelry statement for 2016 will you make this year?

Do you want some large clunky bracelets (I love those, but I don't wear them).

What is missing from your jewelry wardrobe (as they call it)?

I don't have a plan, if it's pretty and it speaks to me and I don't already have one like it, I may get it.

Honored Contributor

Re: What kind of a jewelry statement for 2016 will you make this year?

Back To The Future. 

A renewed love of my good .925 and higher silver, bringing out good older pieces, some sone jewelry, some new Jai and Carolyn Pollack.

LOVE!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I have a lot of rings. I have been wanting to try to wear more but have been very hesitant. How many rings on one hand is too many? I find it hard to wear more than 1! 

Honored Contributor

Whatever statement I make, it's going to be made with the jewelry I already own for the most part.

My other thought came from a newspaper I looked through yesterday while sitting at the car dealership for a few hours.  One little local paper had three pages of pictures from the Palm Beach winter charity events.  Lots of the women seemed not to be wearing much jewelry - a small necklace here and there, some earrings, but not anything ostentatious.  Were there gorgeous rings?  My experience tells me yes, there were weddings sets that would pay for my little condo, but they were not in the picutres any more than there were other rings or watches shown. 

My point is that the jewlery was quite quiet.  I can do that, too, without spending much at all. 

Honored Contributor

@Ruby Woo wrote:

I have a lot of rings. I have been wanting to try to wear more but have been very hesitant. How many rings on one hand is too many? I find it hard to wear more than 1! 

If you can't drive your car, turn a door knob, or change a diaper safely, you're wearing too many rings.

OTHERWISE, load'em up!

Trusted Contributor

Simple.

I will shop my jewelry box (for the most part).

I actually bought a pair of earrings for the Q for the first time in 3 1/2 years - a simple 14k white gold hoop for the office.

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jewelry doesn't go in and out of style like shoes and clothing.  I've been collecting jewelry for 30 years and my "plan" has never changed.  I buy  what I love.  I don't have a style; I like and own it all.  Big pieces, delicatate pieces, classic, modern, silver, gold.  Blue turquoise in heavy sterling settings are a particular love of mine.  I have decided that I'm done with costume jewelry.  I actually gave most of  it away.  I needed room in my jewelry boxes.  I'll probably focus on gemstone earrings this year to coordinate with all those rings and matching pendants I own.  

Honored Contributor

Today ordered Judith Ripka-Madison Watch (Silver)
Looking forward receiving. Gifted my Gucci Diamond Watch to my Daughter in law, After She gave birth to my beautiful Grandson. Researched several JR watches, Madison called to me. By the way! Rose shade is beautiful as well Gold.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pearls.  I have plenty of beautiful strands and pendants and recently created a golden south sea tin cup neckalce and rope.  They look great at work and if I wear one piece each day I work it will be months before I wear the same thing twice.

Respected Contributor

I'm drawn to colored gemstones.  I'd love to have a paraiba tourmaline but I don't see myself actually spending that high amount to get a nice one.

I guess I need to wear the jewelry I already own.