Valued Contributor

Re: What kind of a jewelry statement for 2016 will you make this year?

[ Edited ]

I used to be into artisan jewelry, but lately it's been Diamonique. Before I only bought "believable" sizes, but this year I'm going to expand to some two carat styles. For fun. I used to be concerned if others could tell if it was fake, but I care less about that now. I figure I may as well wear what I like and that I can't justify spending money on the real thing of the same size, nor could I afford it.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I wear a lot of items like this:  [Sorry link to another retailer.] 

But mostly wire wrapped similar to this from the same place:

Image result for wire wrapped stone pendants

If anyone would like to know where this came from, there's the neatest private store called Elementality, add your own .com. and they'll send you pictures on their phones if you just ask for a certain stone or color.  There, no link.  Have fun girls!

Honored Contributor

If it's real gold and it's shiny, I like it.

I've already got a nice cache of big heavy, chunky, high polished pieces sans gemstones --and am always looking to add more. 

I'll wear a curb link necklace with a longer herringbone and a thick omega as a choker.

I'll dangle 2" pendants (maltese and/or Etruscan crosses or sea shells/nautical motif) from charm bracelets.

I let my outfit and my attitude dictate what jewelry I wear, not the *society pages*.

Honored Contributor

Many years ago I had my "colors" done and was told that women with undertones of pink in their skin look much better with the silver metals than the yellow ones.  Although I always loved sterling pieces, this clinched it for me.  No more yellow metals. 

Since then I have always sought the bold silver pieces.  No more lobster or o-ring clasps to fight with .... I have many beautiful cuffs and earrings (no necklaces due to neck joint problems) and get many compliments on them.

I'm not going to change what works really well for me.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]
So far for me this is the year of the Panther animal. Purchased 2 chains, one has the 2 panther head joined at the the oversize spring attached to a nice size popcorn link chain and an omega with a nice size high polish panther slide. I also purchase a few Coin pieces during yesterday's Italian Gold sale (but no I did not get the bracelet - too much for me) - the coin pieces are a first so have to see how and if I like.
Honored Contributor

@mydogpenny wrote:
So far for me this is the year of the Panther animal. Purchased 2 chains, one has the 2 panther head joined at the the oversize spring attached to a nice size popcorn link chain and an omega with a nice size high polish panther slide. I also purchase a few Coin pieces during yesterday's Italian Gold sale (but no I did not get the bracelet - too much for me) - the coin pieces are a first so have to see how and if I like.

***************mydogpenny***Have you seen Effy brand jewelry?  The panther is their symbol!  Helzberg Jewelry is a vender as other places are.

Image result for effy signature panther ring

Honored Contributor

My only and always statement is:  I am wearing something I've had a long time and (to me) paid a lot for.  I love it, it is precious in value and my taste and I will wear it until I can't wear it any more.  You've seen it before--you'll see it again!  LOL!!!

Occasional Contributor

Wow that is gorgeous.... checking it out now. I love EFFY, excellent - thanks.
Trusted Contributor

I don't really have a signature piece and probably not much of my jewelry would be what you might call "statement."  I prefer smaller, understated pieces in any color of gold.  My plan for this year is to add to my rose gold collection and purchase a few pieces that will work well with other things I already have.