Honored Contributor

Re: What jewelry do you wear that makes you feel beautiful?

@SahmIamwrote:

Anything given to me by my children.

When they were in preschool, the gifts for Mothers Day were a necklace or bracelet they had made. The pride in their face when I would open it....priceless. Very soon after, I would wear that piece of jewelry out to have lunch with the child that gave it to me; didn't matter how large or colorful or....interesting it was... I wore it and loved it. My children all remember that and those lunches.

Now they give me things they picked out and I can tell you the stories as to why XYZ was chosen. You better believe I feel beautiful when wearing these items; the love they contain is over the top. : )

@SahmIam  I also have many plastic chain necklaces, bracelets, woven bead bracelets, etc. from granddaughters. Wear them w/ pride along with my watch & silver bangles and they love to see that I keep/collect them.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@qualitygal,

You can never go wrong with good quality pearls and diamonds in white gold🌻and yes luster, orient, shape, color and size matter.

@CHIP62  Now that I know you are French, of course Coco and pearls...I have inherited many strands of pearls that Ineven wear w/ jeans.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus,

Fantastic! Pearls are organic and they like to be worn otherwise they loose their luster. 🌻

Trusted Contributor

diamonds shirt.png

Trusted Contributor

newlook456, I cracked up over your post--and I agree.

I love pearls; I think they always look elegant without being too much. My most treasured is a necklace my DH gave me several years ago for Christmas: a 16-inch string of Japanese, Akoya pearls (the really good stuff) although I have a lot of freshwater pears I like too.

I have a ruby necklace--recently acquired because my hubby knows I love jewelry--that is gorgeous. It's a string of rubies separated by white saphires, with a single ruby pendant. I much prefer rubies over garnets; most of the garnets I've seen look a little brown to me. The stones in this necklace are pure red with a slightly pinkish look.

I've been wanting to try opals so I bought an opal heart pendant. Since I'm pretty fair, I keep more delicately colored materials away from my face because I'll look embalmed if I don't. I hung the heart on a 20-inch or so chain and it looks wonderful.

Excuse me if I tend to go on and on; I really love jewelry and want to know as much about it as possible. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge.

Respected Contributor

Oh, that's an easy one, diamonds, of course.  I have a one carat diamond ring with a one carat tanzanite, triangluar shape in the middle.  The ring itself is tri shaped.  Got it in a jewelry store.  It's gawdy but pretty.  Most of my pieces are that way.  I do have some smaller ones that are really pretty.  Here's one I love, it's done in 14K white gold as the above mentioned one, anyway, it's square head with diamonds around the boarder, down the shoulders with a pink sapphire in the middle.  This ring is really sparkly but not gawdy and it's one of my favorite pieces.  Here's one that's really pretty, it's done in 18K, thick band 2.30 carats in diamonds but REALLY good quality ones.  This thing takes off even under florescent lighting.  In recessed light it looks like a disco ball, just a rainbow of color, bedazzling.  My engagement ring is really nice too.  I had to get it electroplated because I have a nickel allergy and it was 14K yellow gold.  It has a medium width band, diamonds down the shoulders, I believe the stone is .98 carat.  It's GIA certified and NO flourescence.  Some like this affect because it makes a blue hue but I don't.  Has 58 facets including clulet.  D color the other three Cs are good quality, NOT tops, like the color.  I could only choose one top of the four Cs and I chose color.  D is the most colorless in any stone,  I should have chosen cut as in "ideal cut" but it IS a beautiful ring.  These are my favorite pieces among all the other stuff I have.

Trusted Contributor

You two sound like two great mothers/grandmothers. My son made me little chatchkes in kindergarden and preschool (he's 30 now) and I have them prominently displayed in my chatchkes case. (Some of them made me laugh but I never let my son see it)

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My on is 32 and I still use the ornaments he made in preK at Christmas.. He gave me one "sapphire" ring I still keep in my ring box.

Honored Contributor

My favorite jewelry pieces that make me beautiful are the ones that are sentimental. To start, my wedding ring.  My husband gave me a claddagh ring while dating more than 32 years ago.  I still wear it almost every day.  

Since our son was born 25 years ago, I've been wearing a mother's charm. 

I also was given a petite heart bracelet by our son which I wear almost every day. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Pearls always make me feel the most feminine and classic looking. I guess that's because men unusually don't wear pearls. The classic white or blush look the best with my skin tone.