Super Contributor

Re: What is your favorite semi-precious gemstone?

If we're talking semi-precious, it would be London Blue topaz for me. However, I am really an emerald gal when it comes to colored stones, though.  Smiley Wink 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Frequent Contributor

I love iolite for its blueberry color.  I went to gemstone panning and got a good size piece, which I had cut, faceted, and made into a pendant.  I LOVE it and get compliments every time I wear it.  

Respected Contributor

London Blue topaz!

Honored Contributor

Rhodolite garnet  and london blue topaz. I have some of both but not a lot.

Trusted Contributor

I like them all.  I like rocks too jasper, turquoise with matrix, organic things. I don't think I could pick a favorite. One that did work for me was rose quartz ring, it  blended too much with my skin tone.

Trusted Contributor

It's hard to pick just one, because I really do love them all.  My goal is to have at least two pieces with every gemstone I can lay my hands on.  Because of the wide color ranges in gemstones, a gal really needs some of every color for her wardrobe.  The only ones I'm not crazy about are labradorite and rutillated quartz.

Honored Contributor

Disike anything semi-precious!  I love precious and exotics. The one precious I dislike is the opal (which is my birth stone)  It's creepy looking.  After almost disappearing (thanks to a novel) it has made a comeback and is considered precious again. All colored gems have to be set with  diamonds.  Colored gems on their own (in silver) are quite cheap.  Even the emerald/sapphire/ruby.  But diamonds make them pop, and I love them in platinum and 18K.  Currently platinum is cheaper then 18K, so I try to get them in those settings.  I buy from Gem Shopping Network & TVON.  We used to get American Jewelry Network & I have one sapphire from them.  Color is the most important factor in precious and semi-precious gems.  Another factor is the country they are mined.  Their soil affects the color.

Honored Contributor

I love Paraiba Tourmaline and Neon Apatite. Mystic topaz is very pretty too. 

Respected Contributor

Sky blue topaz

Super Contributor

Re: What is your favorite semi-precious gemstone?u

Continue...

Peridot, star diopside, Chrome diopside, jade, chrysocolla and many more.