Honored Contributor

Re: What is the difference between Moissanite and Diamonique?

[ Edited ]

Moissanite is a real thing that exists in nature in very tiny amounts, too small for jewelry. Lab people have found a way to take a piece of it and grow it bigger. So technically it is man made but not  invented by man, like a CZ.

Just like real flowers. You can pick wild ones from out in the field or you can pick flowers grown in a greenhouse...this would be Moissanite. 

Silk flowers are made in a factory...these would be Diamonique CZs.

Respected Contributor

Watched a little last night.  The stones were so clear to me that they looked like glass.  Didn't look like a diamond or cz to me.  

Valued Contributor

@Shawnie Go to a store where Moissanite is sold. They do not look like glass. I have a 3 stone 2 carat ring set in white gold. Absolutely gorgeous. Pricey yes but worth it. Diamonique doesn’t hold a candle to moissanite. 

Honored Contributor

Another important thing about Moissanite is that if you send a stone to the GIA then they can grade it. I don't believe any CZ has ever been graded by the GIA.

Valued Contributor

I'm watching the show on now and no way would I but this from QVC. They don't mention the grades of the gems and no mention of warranty. I bought my wedding set on Moissanite.com, Forever Brilliant and thth have a lifetime warranty. 

Valued Contributor

Also wanted to mention that even the more affordable moissanite on JTV offers a lifetime warranty.

Respected Contributor

The prices here at QVC are very good.  You get 14K.  JTV has raised their prices on all of their moissanite and basically uses platineve or gold over sterling silver.  These pieces look like quality items IMO.

Respected Contributor

The prices here at QVC are very good.  You get 14K.  The other network has raised their prices on all of their moissanite and basically uses platineve or gold over sterling silver.  These pieces look like quality items IMO.

Valued Contributor

I still think for the money they should offer a lifetime warranty. Moissanite.com usually offers sales. I got my wedding set on sale and saved almost 600$. I would hate to spend $2500 on a bracelet I bought on the Q and then loose a stone and not have them take care of the problem. You may think the prices here are ok...until something happens to it.

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

The prices here at QVC are very good.  You get 14K.  The other network has raised their prices on all of their moissanite and basically uses platineve or gold over sterling silver.  These pieces look like quality items IMO.

I bought my studs from JTV and they are set in 14K gold. They are beautiful and cost about half as much as the ones the Q is selling.