Honored Contributor

Re: What is the big deal about Swarovski?

[ Edited ]

Gems En Vogue uses Signity CZs in that line of jewelry. Signity is a trademark name of high quality, precision cut CZs and color-enhanced stones owned by Swarovski.

I wish Michael V would bring that collection to HSN. It's exquisite.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought much Swarovski in Europe and on cruises. I traveled with it because I leave good jewelry at home. 
  I've had more complements on it than my gold and diamonds. Just a pin adds sparkle and the chains are fun.

I'm glad it will be keeping its value. 

Honored Contributor

JTV also "hinted" that they think they won't be getting any more Swarovski.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I guess you could ask what's the big deal about Tiffany or Harry Winston?

An Austrian company over 100 yrs old known for their work in crystals.

My aunt had a rope necklace of Swarovski crystals probably 30"? She would double the rope similar to a string of pearls when she wore them. Gueessing each crystal was 7-8mm.

They catch light similar to a diamond.

That necklace would have been prized  during the Disco years  or the fashion craze  in the 1990's after that Sharon Stone movie Basic Instinct with Michael Douglas.

Respected Contributor

I remember a loooong time ago Q did a remote from their factory in Austria (when Q was still fun) and Judy was the host. Giant crystal and a wonderful waterfall pool are both things that got my attention. I still have a wonderful vintage look ring from that show. Looks like a fun place to visit.

Read This Before Visiting Swarovski Crystal World In Austria (2021 Guide)

Swarovski Crystal World Wattens: What To See & Do

Honored Contributor

Well I'll be, the name is right on the table of the stones.  I  needed three tries to look in the right spot.  I've heard they engrave serial numbers on the girdle of diamonds, but never aout anything on the table.  

Trusted Contributor

Year ago I purched a lot of Swarovski made in many different shapes.  There was a club that had 3 different large figurines in the set. You purched theim one year at a time. I have a set featuring dancers, big cats,  Harlequins. Each one is approx 5 to 6 "tall. One of my big display cabnets is devoted to nothing but Swarovski pieces, One of my favorites was a train set that has 6 different pieces and the whole thing is about 7" long. The only reason I quite collecting is I ran out of room.

Respected Contributor

i also saw a swarovski store at the shaunburg mall in chicago.i had to stop in and browse.lovely rings bracelets and earrings to choose from.anad of course,prices afforadble