Trusted Contributor

What is the best place oline to selll gold that pays the most and is trust worthy??

Several years ago I used US Gold buyers but it has been a long time and I was wondering if any other place was better than them to sell gold to as far as the best payout and being trust worthy.

Trusted Contributor

Re: What is the best place oline to selll gold that pays the most and is trust worthy??

Why online? There are usually places in you own locale that buy at very competitive rates. I'm in a small town now and there are at least 3 places here, including a US Gold type place, that buy gold. I've sold some and the rates were just as high as those online or in the nearest "big city".

Trusted Contributor

Re: What is the best place oline to selll gold that pays the most and is trust worthy??

There are a couple of places here but I thought I may get better payouts online.

Trusted Contributor

U S Goldbuyers is quick and pay well, so I stick with "trust them".

Sure, gold buyers are on every street corner. But most are not reputable as far as I am concerned. Low ball it.

If you can't weigh it yourself, and know what the going price/gram is, you are at the mercy of the buyers.

Trusted Contributor

I have a gram scale and what I am wanting to sell is 22 grams of 14 gold.

Respected Contributor

USGB. They show the daily payout. Call and ask your local guy what they are paying per gram. I bet USGB blows them out of the water.
Honored Contributor

Definitely US Goldbuyers.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

On 12/23/2014 gidgetgoeshawaiian said: Definitely US Goldbuyers.

I would not go anywhere else!

Honored Contributor

I agree with the others about USGB. I used them a couple of times and was happy in every aspect of the transaction.

As to local places - probably most places, outside of maybe some of the largest metropolitan areas, don't have places that will pay well for gold.

I used to sell a lot of fine jewelry on ebay and that USED TO BE a good choice but it's not anymore. People will pay more for costume junk jewelry than gold. Aside from that, between the fees that have gone up a lot over the years and the rip off artists it's just not worth the hassle.