Super Contributor

Re: What is Michael Valitutti's mysterious new stone?

I like the rarity of it but the red color is not very attractive - too brownish or something.  I do have his Rio Grande citrine and love it - its a dark orange

Honored Contributor

@LongTimeQVCBuyer wrote:

I like the rarity of it but the red color is not very attractive - too brownish or something.  I do have his Rio Grande citrine and love it - its a dark orange

@CaneCorsoMom,

I believe the Rio Grande State in Brazil is where the Serra mine is located. IMO it's the best color of citrine ever. It's the picture I posted earlier. Love that color.

Honored Contributor

I like golden yellow citrine, the color of sunshine.  Goes so well with gold jewelry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I liked this new color, it's pretty unusual and would be great for collectors to have,especially if it is truly untreated and naturally this color. But I am so sick and tired of his same old designs!!!! You basically eventually have the same jewelry with different stones. I get his old world style, I love French look, but I cannot have everything the same over and over again.

And the new amethyst I loved too.

The one thing I should say that Michael 's rings do not spin, very nicely engineered.

all Victoria's rings I ordered so far I returned, they all spin.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I like golden yellow citrine, the color of sunshine.  Goes so well with gold jewelry.

Me too!  I love a rich, sunny yellow citrine.  We don't see that on any of the shopping channels anymore.  They sell that washed out, wishy washy yellow or the deep Madeira color, which does not appeal to me even if it is real Madeira and worth more than the yellow citrine.  I have one gorgeous yellow citrine solitaire ring set in gold that I inherited from my mother. She bought it from HSN about 20 years ago.     I have always wanted a coordinating pendant but the color of citrinie isn't available.

Trusted Contributor

Yesterday, I received the Red Madiera Citrine TTV ring from Gems en Vogue and I'm surprised and pleased at how red the citrine is.  The color of the red citrine in the ring I received exactly matches a pair of Mozambique garnet earrings I've had for ages. There are no brown tones in the gemstone at all, pure red...amazing for a madeira citrine!  I like the scale and design of the ring, it's a nice everyday wearable scale, unlike some of the ginormous 'honker' rings he does.

Garnet always photographs black and this red citrine is no exception.  I attemped to show the color flashes of the citrine ring and garnet earrings in the photo below:

IMG_4705.JPG