Honored Contributor

What is Michael Valitutti's mysterious new stone?

The one that will offered at midnight with a four hour show?  Doesn't make much sense. 

Respected Contributor

Re: What is Michael Valitutti's mysterious new stone?

@depglass wrote:

The one that will offered at midnight with a four hour show?  Doesn't make much sense. 

I do not expect anything anymore. Will be same old same old overly done designs.

Honored Contributor

Looks like red citrine.

Honored Contributor

Probably a heat treated or otherwise processed white topaz in some new color.  I love those I own but dont want more.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Check out the fine print on the ring in the upper left corner of items to be shown.  It says "madeira citrine," so it's a deeper color of this stone.

Respected Contributor

I don't care what it is.  I haven't ordered anything from Michael in ages, but I love the color of this stone and the size.  I ordered it.  If it's a dud, back it goes.  I don't own a red citrine.  Have to see this one in person. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's an unusual color for a Madeira. Although it's a nice color, I prefer my citrines to have deep golden colors, not red. At first I thought it was some kind of garnet (spessartine).

Honored Contributor

Looks awfully similar to a garnet.  I checked the website, mentally thinking "if its less than 200.00, I'll get it."  Guess I will wait for a possible future promotion when they drop it more drastically.  But maybe I'll change my mind when I see it on air.  I actually like all these new topaz colors, thinking that everything is treated now anyway, even the naturals.

Honored Contributor

I love citrine. To me when I close my eyes and think of the color, this is what comes to my mind:

images.jpg

This is from the Serra Gaucha mine in Brazil. I recently bought a pair of 3-stone hoops with this particular stone in them. They are so beautiful.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I am not a huge fan of most of his palladium jewelry.  Too heavy, too gawdy.  But, darn, I love his 14k jewelry!  I have a few pieces from years ago and love them.  He has one ring now that I love but just can't afford at this time of year.