Respected Contributor

What is Going on with Diamonique?

I have been a customer since day 1 and over the years have purchased a ton of Diamonique from engagement rings, eternity bands, earrings, etc.  A few jewelers even thought they were real diamonds as the looked exactly like my wedding band which came from the store with the blue box.  Lately, Diamonique looks like the cheapest, fake rhinestones I have ever seen.  I just received J371185 and when I opened the box was shocked to see how fake and cheap it looked.  I don't know what they are doing differently, or maybe it was this set, but I am so disappointed.  I tried leaving a review but for the first time ever, there was no prompt to leave one.

Super Contributor

Re: What is Going on with Diamonique?

To me, it started downhill several years ago. I don't get it anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I have been a customer since day 1 and over the years have purchased a ton of Diamonique from engagement rings, eternity bands, earrings, etc.  A few jewelers even thought they were real diamonds as the looked exactly like my wedding band which came from the store with the blue box.  Lately, Diamonique looks like the cheapest, fake rhinestones I have ever seen.  I just received J371185 and when I opened the box was shocked to see how fake and cheap it looked.  I don't know what they are doing differently, or maybe it was this set, but I am so disappointed.  I tried leaving a review but for the first time ever, there was no prompt to leave one.

@lovesallanimals @I wish that Q would offer two tiers of Diamonique. One tier for more trendy, casual, playful pieces for the times when customers just want something cute and fun and a second tier, using the old stone manufacturing process with the more realistic looking stones. Using some set in gold, especially for brides, or for pieces for customers desiring the look of real...even if the Q has to charge more for these pieces. 

Respected Contributor

Many of the reviews I read mentioned that stones fell out within a few weeks.  That did it for me.  Would never purchase again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesallanimals ~ IMHO, “Diamon’not’!

Quality hasn’t been there for a long time.  The settings are tinny looking, (like they’re made out of aluminum,) which cheapens the look of the jewelry, and their stones aren’t much better.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember when the Q outlet stores had cases full of Diamonique rings and women were always lined up to purchase. Now I do not see any DMQ there at all.

I own one beautiful triple store ring- a very unique setting and a couple pairs of stud earrings, which is all I have been wearing what with masks and all. Other styles get caught up in the ear loops.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in agreement with the OP. I've purchased many pieces of Diamonique over the years. Back in the day, the settings were made of gold, and much more hearty. Now its all overlay and the settings are thin and cheap. The quality of the stones has fallen sharply too. Last night, I was watching JTV and bought a couple of their pieces of Bella Luce. The prices are much better and the rings are substantial. 

Valued Contributor

I have sent back the last 5 things  Im done  Try to watch hsn at 3 or 4  They have an hour of absolute  Im going to try

Honored Contributor

The stones aren't the same as they used to be.  They must have changed the formula or something.

As far as settings, IMO the Q has always been cheapo with their gold settings and findings.  Even ring bands are carved out to the max.  The sterling settings used to be  more substantial but they seem to have gone the cheap route with those too.

But I think the bigger issue is the stones themselves.  They are just not the same.

Regular Contributor

JTV is kicking it with their Bella Luce line😎  so sparkling with awesome designs.

Q needs to step up its game