Frequent Contributor

Re: What is Going on with Diamonique?

only problem with JTV is their stuff is NOT 14K gold and looks really cheap the bigger the stone.. and their hosts are too pushy.. and talk WAY Too fast..
Trusted Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I have been a customer since day 1 and over the years have purchased a ton of Diamonique from engagement rings, eternity bands, earrings, etc.  A few jewelers even thought they were real diamonds as the looked exactly like my wedding band which came from the store with the blue box.  Lately, Diamonique looks like the cheapest, fake rhinestones I have ever seen.  I just received J371185 and when I opened the box was shocked to see how fake and cheap it looked.  I don't know what they are doing differently, or maybe it was this set, but I am so disappointed.  I tried leaving a review but for the first time ever, there was no prompt to leave one.

This has happened to many long standing products who sell the name and process and go away.  I seen this happened with a favorite candy brand in my area as well as graham crackers that are no longer produced in the U.S.  Your ring is an example of a new brand of Diamonique that is being produced.  You have to decide whether you still back the brand or not.  We buy the altered candy at holidays but it is never the same.   However it's a tradition.  The last Diamonique I purchased was in 2019 as an "as is" and it is still beautiful today.  I was very impressed when I got it:  It is a Colors of Diamonique peach princess cut ring.  I don't wear it a lot but it is still shiny, bright and new looking.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I have been a customer since day 1 and over the years have purchased a ton of Diamonique from engagement rings, eternity bands, earrings, etc.  A few jewelers even thought they were real diamonds as the looked exactly like my wedding band which came from the store with the blue box.  Lately, Diamonique looks like the cheapest, fake rhinestones I have ever seen.  I just received J371185 and when I opened the box was shocked to see how fake and cheap it looked.  I don't know what they are doing differently, or maybe it was this set, but I am so disappointed.  I tried leaving a review but for the first time ever, there was no prompt to leave one.

@lovesallanimals @I wish that Q would offer two tiers of Diamonique. One tier for more trendy, casual, playful pieces for the times when customers just want something cute and fun and a second tier, using the old stone manufacturing process with the more realistic looking stones. Using some set in gold, especially for brides, or for pieces for customers desiring the look of real...even if the Q has to charge more for these pieces. 

I've read cubic zirconia is extremely cheap to make.  No reason to inflate the price more, it's all cheap. 

I have DQ and enjoy it from years past.  I don't know why it's being skimped on now.  

Trusted Contributor

as an aside, shoplc has an upgraded line of cubic zirconia called lustro stella which is very popular (and they don't regulate the pictures of their products like DMQ does):

Lustro Stella.jpg