Contributor

What have you bought from the Vicenza In Italy show..

I only watched for a few minutes but did see elongated ring with crystals...did anyone else buy this...and do you like the TSV watch...

Honored Contributor

Re: What have you bought from the Vicenza In Italy show..

I tend to not watch these shows, largely because the offerings are usually "bronzo" and have very long delivery dates.  To those who like the Italy shows, enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I had hoped QVC might step it up this year, to promote the post-Lisa foray to Italy, but if anything the array of jewelry presented is worse than it's ever been...  This is not 'fine' jewelry, Italian or otherwise.  It's a steady diet of bronze and crystals, and personally, I'm not interested.  The very least they might have done was to intersperse some nicer pieces among all the costume jewelry, as they at least did for the past few years.  I remember when these shows were truly events, with beautiful gold and real gemstones.  As for the watch, it might have been interesting had they skipped all the fake bling.  As it is, it looks like just another costume piece.  For those interested in fashion jewelry, the shows should work well.  For anyone interested in true 'fine Italian jewelry; you'd better look elsewhere.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I am drawn to the bronzo lire coin bracelet, J323035.  I have always loved coin jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

nothing so far....been looking for a nice wide band ring in size 11.....or 12....none....

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered way too much so far! I like the later delivery date. September is my birthday, so items will be my B-gifts. I'm disappointed in the TSV. Each host talks about the links, but they aren't clear as to the length change per link. Some say it goes up to 8" other say less. Confusing!

I ordered J325798  Bronzo Italia Textured Woven Oval Cuff Bracelet in black and rose, to wear as a pair with J325795 Bronzo Italia 100 Lire Coin Scroll Design Ring. I actually like Bronzo. I have pieces from when the alloy was first presented on QVC, and they look like new. Very durable. And, Bronzo lets me buy bold, chunky pieces for less. I don't buy jewelry from the "precious metals" aspect. I have enough of that. I purchase more from a fashion viewpoint. I can't wear plated fashion jewelry. It turns on me. So, Bronzo is a great alternative.

The one piece I don't get is the 5,000 (w/shipping and tax) cuff bracelet in gold. It is flexible, open, and with only end caps. No clasp. No guards. I've had enough cuffs slide off in my life to not put 5k into one.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I had hoped QVC might step it up this year, to promote the post-Lisa foray to Italy, but if anything the array of jewelry presented is worse than it's ever been...  This is not 'fine' jewelry, Italian or otherwise.  It's a steady diet of bronze and crystals, and personally, I'm not interested.  The very least they might have done was to intersperse some nicer pieces among all the costume jewelry, as they at least did for the past few years.  I remember when these shows were truly events, with beautiful gold and real gemstones.  As for the watch, it might have been interesting had they skipped all the fake bling.  As it is, it looks like just another costume piece.  For those interested in fashion jewelry, the shows should work well.  For anyone interested in true 'fine Italian jewelry; you'd better look elsewhere.

ITA.

Honored Contributor

I'm kind of digging the necklace they're showing now

J325808  I like silver and like the silver option.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I'm kind of digging the necklace they're showing now

J325808  I like silver and like the silver option.

I love that necklace.  I just ordered it and I'm happy at the fact it's real turquoise and real silver and no plating.  Great price too.  

Honored Contributor

Hey Bling - what color did you get.  The simplicity of the piece just hit me like a ton of bricks.  There's an elegance to it. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise