Frequent Contributor

What happened to Diamonique Designers?

Maybe the Q tried to distance itself from Diamonique in favor of the Vacuum Cleaners, Computers, gaden tools, mattreses and such, BUT I absolutely LOVED the Verraigio and Tacori lines of jewelry. I have several of the older pieces and they are still beautiful. The designs are trimeless. Now seems there is ONLY Judith Ripka. Like her but I'm not a fan of her recent piesces the ones I have ordered have been cheap and flimsy like all the other Diamonique as of late and sent them back. I get it's not everybodies thing but I love different looks. And DQ is a way to have those without breaking the bank. Come on Q give us some designer pieces and some quality made pieces. You still have your Dyson's!

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to Diamonique Designers?

This is just my opinion but I think that everyone has a limited amount of income available to spend on unnecessary items like jewelry. In our world today it is expensive to keep up with everything that keeps coming out in electronics and keeping a house upgraded the way younger people like to do now.Also clothing has gotten so expensive.Just look at the cost of a purse for Heaven's sake!That doesn't leave much cash for things like jewelry, esp. real jewelry - gold & real gemstones. So I think jewelry , like collectables, has gotten pushed aside as something people are buying now a days. 

Companies keep track of what their customers want and where the greatest profits lie. Those are the things we see on TV. Clearly that is clothing, MU and electronics and purses as these are what we see so much of on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought DMQ would be one line that would survive but the newer pieces are not the same quality as past years. I buy the DMQ in gold and the lever backs are so thin that they bend after a week or two. So disappointing.

Honored Contributor

@KittyPurry wrote:

Maybe the Q tried to distance itself from Diamonique in favor of the Vacuum Cleaners, Computers, gaden tools, mattreses and such, BUT I absolutely LOVED the Verraigio and Tacori lines of jewelry. I have several of the older pieces and they are still beautiful. The designs are trimeless. Now seems there is ONLY Judith Ripka. Like her but I'm not a fan of her recent piesces the ones I have ordered have been cheap and flimsy like all the other Diamonique as of late and sent them back. I get it's not everybodies thing but I love different looks. And DQ is a way to have those without breaking the bank. Come on Q give us some designer pieces and some quality made pieces. You still have your Dyson's!

@KittyPurry    Quite the contrary I think they hired Erin to help rekindle interest in Diamonique.  I personally am no longer interested in even watching the shows; it looks so phony compared to something like Moissanite.  I wish they'd sell it instead and sell it in 14k

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Honestly nobody really inspects a person's jewelry that closely. I like it for the fun of different designs and trying different cuts I wouldn't ever buy a diamond in. I don't care about the "realness" I like bling and the bigger the better. But that's just me. The moissanite is beautiful but it's expensive in its own right. Added bonus I can change cuts, styles and metals as I please and if I lose one no BIGGY I chose another. That being said I do like the designer touch and well made pieces.
Honored Contributor

@KittyPurry wrote:
Honestly nobody really inspects a person's jewelry that closely. I like it for the fun of different designs and trying different cuts I wouldn't ever buy a diamond in. I don't care about the "realness" I like bling and the bigger the better. But that's just me. The moissanite is beautiful but it's expensive in its own right. Added bonus I can change cuts, styles and metals as I please and if I lose one no BIGGY I chose another. That being said I do like the designer touch and well made pieces.

I agree!

The bigger the better and I also like different colors as well.

I don't understand how hard it is to design new pieces.

There's a jewelry store on every corner, all you have to do is flip through a fashion magazine to see what's popular.   Considering the value of 14k today, I think many of the DMQ set in 14k is relatively reasonably priced.

I have a couple of Ripka pieces but I'm not crazy about her designs but she does offer large stones and colored stones.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure I'm in the minority, since Diamonique has been around for so long, but I've tried several pieces, & just don't feel that they are the "world's finest simulated diamond". The best cz's I've ever owned were Absolute, from HSN. Sorry, QVC.

Honored Contributor

I love the pieces I have .....    and would buy more DMQ if the current styles weren't so blah ....   the halo look and some other styles ..... I doubt if I'd wear some of them if they were given to me!    Who is designing this stuff?   Get someone else!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KittyPurry wrote:

@KittyPurry    Quite the contrary I think they hired Erin to help rekindle interest in Diamonique.  I personally am no longer interested in even watching the shows; it looks so phony compared to something like Moissanite.  I wish they'd sell it instead and sell it in 14k

@Kachina624  I think Q owns Diamonique and therefore makes a lot of profit from any sales. They'd have to purchase Moissanite & only receive a % of sales. It's all about the money.

Frequent Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I love the pieces I have .....    and would buy more DMQ if the current styles weren't so blah ....   the halo look and some other styles ..... I doubt if I'd wear some of them if they were given to me!    Who is designing this stuff?   Get someone else!

I KNOW RIGHT! It's ALL so generic looking now same stuff over and over. And the quality of the settings is horrendous. Even on the Ripka pieces. I lost a three stone DMQ ring I had for about 15 years tried to find something suitable to replace it sent them all back, the settings were thin and lightweight. I have a few Tacori piesces but the Verragio rings I have are beautiful to this day and so unique. Evertime I wear them someon wnats to know where it came from. Come on Q give us some Designer OPTIONS!