Trusted Contributor

Re: What does rose gold look like exactly?

@qualityshopper  I think @Lavenderjunkie  had a good idea about 2-tone jewelry.  It's a way to get something that blends so easily into the pieces you already have.  The Gems En Vogue Collection on Evine has a lot of 2-tone pieces and they don't tarnish.  I hope you enjoy whatever you choose.  I mix all my metals and have become a real fan of rose gold lately.

Honored Contributor

Just recently I bought some Morganite studs set in 14k rose gold. I think the rose gold enhances the color of the stones and gives them a deeper shade of peachy-pink. Had the stones been set in WG, I think that might have made the stones appear lighter in intensity. Some stones, imo, don't look right set in RG. But when you get the right combination I think RG compliments certain stones, just not all.

Honored Contributor

Find out if it's the 18K coloring or the 14K.  14K is sometimes copper looking, sometimes almost garish looking.  Because 18K has so much more gold in it, the rose comes up looking like desired "blush" color.  14K yellow gold has come a along way to looking lke 18K, but the white and the rose color is still not there yet.

Respected Contributor

In my opinion, the EFFY jewelry line makes one of the nicest rose golds--very soft and blush colored.

QVC is offering this pretty diamond flower ring set in rose gold:  J360544

If the item is rose gold clad (on silver) it may have a different look than rose gold itself.  

Rose gold is very popular now and does look good on most skin tones. 

Rubies, diamonds, morganites and amethysts all take on a different flavor when set in rose gold.

Two-tone jewelry is pretty to wear and provides variety in style.

Enjoy the fun of shopping!

Honored Contributor

It's yellow gold with a pink cast to it.  TV doesn't do justice to rose gold but if you go into a jewelry store and ask to see something rose gold, you'll see for yourself.  

Valued Contributor

@haddon9 --Actually I do that as well. Went on YouTube and watched all of the previous presentations for this necklace. Still undecided though. I have the all silver version "reserved" with a check order (did this when they had it cheaper a few days ago). I'm trying to decide whether to stick with the silver version or change it to the rose gold one.

I'm tempted to go with the rose gold, but am wondering if, over time, the gold part will wear off. Been looking online about gold clad jewelry and it sounds like this can happen. Just don't know.

Valued Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie --You may have missed it in a previous reply I had, but the item number is J349063. It does look very pretty with the rose gold--still thinking about it.

Valued Contributor

@songbird --I believe it's 14K. It looks pretty online, but I so wish I could see it in person before buying. 

Valued Contributor

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded. Really appreciate the great advice and samples of rose gold pieces to look at. 

I mentioned in another reply that I had some concerns about gold clad jewelry because I had read online that it can wear off after some time goes by. Would any of you know if this is true? I'd hate to get the rose gold necklace only to have the gold eventually come off. If this were to happen, I might as well stick with the all silver choice.

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded. Really appreciate the great advice and samples of rose gold pieces to look at. 

I mentioned in another reply that I had some concerns about gold clad jewelry because I had read online that it can wear off after some time goes by. Would any of you know if this is true? I'd hate to get the rose gold necklace only to have the gold eventually come off. If this were to happen, I might as well stick with the all silver choice.

@qualityshopper   I have heard that too...that the gold can wear off.  I have a few pieces of Judith Ripka's that are yellow gold clad but don't wear them very much so I don't see any wear on it.  I mostly stick to white or silver jewelry because it looks better on me.