Valued Contributor

What does rose gold look like exactly?

I am interested in a necklace on here that's in sterling silver with a choice of trim that's in rose gold or silver. Yellow gold option for the trim sold out, leaving just the other two. I like the idea of having the trim in another color other than silver so that it contrasts with the main portion of the necklace, which is all SS, but not sure if I'd like rose gold. Having never seen rose gold in person, can anyone tell me if it has a pinkish cast to it as the name implies. I'm not sure if I'd like it if that's the case. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: What does rose gold look like exactly?

The color of "rose" gold depends entirely on the manufacturer.    It can range from a pale pink "tint".........to a glaring "copper" look.    Better to see in person before you commit.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Yes, Rose gold has a pinkish cast.  Copper is mixed with gold to give it a blush color.  If you look good in yellow gold, rose gold will look good on you too.

If you look better in white gold or silver, you might not like rose gold against your skin.  

Valued Contributor

@Carmie  and @Desertdi --Thanks for answering. I wish I could see this in person before buying, but since it's on here, I'd have to take a chance and order it, knowing I might have to pay return shipping fees if I don't like it. Frankly, I really don't know which looks better on me (silver or gold), but I usually buy jewelry in sterling silver. I think because, first it's cheaper than gold, but also because I just like silver. Most of the time I wear black or blue clothing, and I've always preferred silver with those colors. So, you'd think I would just go for the necklace that has silver trim (making the whole piece all silver), but with this particular necklace (item J349063), I really like the contrasting trim color. I probably should just stick with all silver to be safe.

Honored Contributor

If you can tell by the picture that the pink gold is not too coppery you no doubt will be satisfied with the rose gold choice. Some of the rose gold clad pieces I have, especially the jewelry from Judith Ripka is quite coppery looking. I have one ring from Diamonique that is just an odd color in rose clad. I guess you will just have to give it a go and see if it suits you, you can always return it.

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper -

I think this is a pretty example of the rose gold color (these are Robert Lee Morris earrings at Nordstrom Rack -I'm really surprised at how much lower in price than hs are sold at QVC!)

Image of ROBERT LEE MORRIS Mother of Pearl Drop Earrings

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I think it's really pretty.  Look it up on line so maybe you can see some examples.

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

I am interested in a necklace on here that's in sterling silver with a choice of trim that's in rose gold or silver. Yellow gold option for the trim sold out, leaving just the other two. I like the idea of having the trim in another color other than silver so that it contrasts with the main portion of the necklace, which is all SS, but not sure if I'd like rose gold. Having never seen rose gold in person, can anyone tell me if it has a pinkish cast to it as the name implies. I'm not sure if I'd like it if that's the case. Thanks.

@qualityshopper   Sometimes when I'm on the fence about an item here I will look for more presentation videos.  They are older and will show the item displayed in a slightly different light and sometimes on different models. You might catch something that you don't see on the current video.

To do that just copy & paste the item title....in this case it's "Or Paz Sterling Sliver Floral Lace Design Necklace" into search on YouTube (you can also try the item number and might get different videos) and you'll see a lot of the Q presentations of the item....it's true with most Q item presentations that have been on air more than once.

A lot of women love rose gold but I personally don't.  It just looks terrible against my skin.  I'm a cool tone and also wear a lot of black & blue.  I also look good in deep jewel tones.  However this necklace appears that it's just the center that has a bit of the rose gold for contrast which looks nice.  The chain & part against the skin is silver.

It's a pretty necklace and either one is nice!

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

If you can tell by the picture that the pink gold is not too coppery you no doubt will be satisfied with the rose gold choice. Some of the rose gold clad pieces I have, especially the jewelry from Judith Ripka is quite coppery looking. I have one ring from Diamonique that is just an odd color in rose clad. I guess you will just have to give it a go and see if it suits you, you can always return it.

@blackhole99   I love rose gold and have serveral pieces.  I absolutely agree with you about the Judith Ripka rose gold clad - it is too orangey.  Her pieces are pricey and I tried 2 to compare the color & returned them both.  I don't think she's got the mix quite right.

Respected Contributor

As other posters have indicated,  the color of rose gold,  like the color of yellow gold can vary.  

Since the item you are considering is mainly silver with rose gold accents,  I think that you will find the combination very pretty.  

I have jewelry that is all one color metal.... silver, yellow, or rose gold,  and jewelry that is silver mixed with yellow gold or silver mixed with rose gold.   I think the silver with rose gold combination is by far the prettiest and most interesting.   The rose gold adds a nice touch to the silver piece of jewelry,  but it's subtle.   An all rose gold piece of jewelry can sometimes appear too dark or coppery to me,  depending upon the manufacturer.

If you post an item # we can try to give you move specific input.   If not,  enjoy your new jewelry if you order it.