Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of the new Tanzanite?

Glad I got mine yrs ago Block D AAA quality.

It's cute. LOL

Super Contributor

@Foxxee @Its COLOMBIAN after the country Colombia, not "columbian". Many English-speaking countries writes Colombia, nationality: Colombian the wrong way. Perhaps due to mispronunciation issues and confusion with word Columbia.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee : Lovely earrings! I will get a AAA tanzanite earrings, too, but soon. I have a AA tanzanite earrings from ShopLC. The color is violetish blue with white zircon (natural gem, not to be confuse with the simulated cubic zirconia).

Honored Contributor

@Margui 

Typo

Honored Contributor

I was lucky to purchase Quad-A early on - loose stones.  I have a few loose stones left I’ve not decided what to do with them yet.

@songbird 

You are so right about Kashmir sapphires, I have one 3/4 ct cushion.  Just holding on to the lil beauty, my birthstone too.  😀

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

There is no standard grading system for Tanzanite. Different companies use their own terms for describing grades of the stone but the GIA has no such system.

From the GIA website:

What’s AAA quality tanzanite?

Although individual companies might create their own quality descriptions, like AAA, AA, A to denote the range of quality of their goods, no standard quality grading scales exist for tanzanite

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Tanzania only has (had) 2 mines.  That's it.  Block D was still pulling out Tanzanites, but very, very light.  They were ecstatic over the new mine Blue Wing (that's the name)   You will still find Block D, but the darker the more costly.  Remember, investors hold on to them for years before dropping them.