Honored Contributor

Re: What do you think of the jewelry they call "paperclip"?

I have plenty of other open link necklaces that I never was even tempted to buy a paperclip anything.

I mean it's a paper clip.

I never got into the nail head jewelry, either.

But, if it's something you enjoy, enjoy!

Honored Contributor

It's reminiscent of elementary school.  I know about Jackie's necklace and QVC's version.  But I can't get over the essential "paper clip" nature of this piece.

Valued Contributor

Looks cheap, no matter who makes it.  Too trendy.  I would have certain thoughts of the person I see wearing it, lol.

MY opinion.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for this style at all.

Respected Contributor

what is being sold now as paperclip doesn't impress me much. I have a copy of the paperclip necklace that was owned by Jaqueline Kennedy. I hardly ever wear it anymore since I learned it was designed by...I think...CoCo Chanelle (or was it Schapierelli?) who, it turns out, was a Nazi spy during WWII.

Respected Contributor

It was so trendy for a while that, to my eye, it looked dated within a year.

Honored Contributor

Actually, "paperclip" jewelry has been around for decades and is considered a classic.

My mom had a paperclip 18k gold 30" inch chain from Tiffany's that I inherited. It is circa 1940.

I also saw a paperclip necklace in Tiffany's over the Christmas holidays that was retailing for over $16,000.00 in 18k gold. Definitely not a trend but a classic.

Honored Contributor

I like it when it's done right.  Much of what we see now is not a true "paper clip" design.  It's just oblong loops.  I bought a paper clip necklace and bracelet in gold over silver years ago.  I usually put the two together to make a long neck piece to wear with turtlenecks.  I don't wear it often but I like it.  

Trusted Contributor

I have a 14K gold paperclip bracelet from Ross Simons. I wear it often. It's easy to wear when working and looks bright with not too much weight. I have the silver and DQ one from Kathy Levine and I just purchased a very narrow silver one from JTV to pair with that. They look nice together.

Not buying anymore of the style tho'. I have enough now.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this !!!