Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you think of the jewelry they call "paperclip"?

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I like the oval link style.  But when I think of paperclip necklaces, I think of the one done by Chanel.  I had one from QVC from the Jacqueline Kennedy collection.  Not a great picture, but here is an actual paperclip necklace from a long time ago.

Pin page

@PhilaLady1 I regret not getting one when they were available.  I tried to find one about a year ago and had no luck.  What happened to yours?

Respected Contributor

I jumped on the trend and bought a very sturdy one in 10 KT gold from HSN which is quite versatile and easy to wear.  I also bought silver ones for all my nieces and SILs.

I find style just perfect for a more casual look when I want a bit of gleam.  

Yes, I agree that now it is everywhere and seen a bit too much, but I like the chain I have!

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I like the oval link style.  But when I think of paperclip necklaces, I think of the one done by Chanel.  I had one from QVC from the Jacqueline Kennedy collection.  Not a great picture, but here is an actual paperclip necklace from a long time ago.

Pin page

@PhilaLady1 I regret not getting one when they were available.  I tried to find one about a year ago and had no luck.  What happened to yours?

@NYCLatinaMe 

Hi,

I gave it away.  I sometimes regret that I let it go, but since I retired, I rarely wear jewelry anymore.

Honored Contributor

I love mine, even though I usually wear my southwest stones. I have a simple, smaller-scale one handmade by a local jeweler.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had one from the Jackie Kennedy line here, too. 

Had it for 2-3 years but I thought it to heavy/cumbersome for work. Sold it on eBay.

ETA: just checked and several of the Jackie Kennedy style for sale on the bay

Trusted Contributor

Jewelry trends and styles come and go.  I hope this one fades into the sunset for a while. 

I'm sick of hearing about it.  It's a game of follow the leader.  Everyone  is trying to cash in on this trend.  Time to put it to bed.

Respected Contributor

I like it a lot, I havent bought any for myself I dont wear much jewlery anymore but I got my granddaugthers both necklaces with their names on them in paperclip style just costume jewlery they are 11.

Honored Contributor

I bought some of this a year or two ago.  It is faux - goldtone.  I purchased a 2-layer necklace, a bracelet and a pair of drop earrings.  I love this style!  I've seen many pieces in sterling and goldtone that I like and some with czs and some with gem stones.  I think it's a really cute design!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I compulsively analyze women on TV, whether its a newscaster or a bit player in a drama.  Is their makeup up to date, etc.  Lately I'm noticing all the paperclip necklaces on everybody.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like it. I haven't purchased any necklaces in a long time, but I like this.