Trusted Contributor

Re: What do you think of SKULL jewelry?

I'll pass.

Super Contributor

I wear Barbara Bixby's couture skull on my right hand every day. I also have one of her skull keys and a Mexican artist's sugar skull pendant. 

I love Day of the Dead loving celebrations of life and all that Barbara says her skulls represent. 

Honored Contributor

I just don't understand it......but I am very traditional in all areas of my life, jewelry included.

Trusted Contributor

I don't find it "creepy", but then I'm one of those who will be wearing cheap Halloween jewelry in October (but no skulls)   I don't understand skull jewelry either, but it is interesting reading the meaning behind the jewelry, to some of you. 

Honored Contributor

@iTalia

I have these pieces from Evine.

167-016 - Gem Treasures®  Sterling Silver  Enamel Skull  Pendant w/  18" Cable Chain

169-714 - Gem Treasures® Sterling Silver 3.85ctw Black Spinel & Enamel Skull Toggle Bracelet

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't have any, but I find it interesting and spiritual. I understand the symbolism behind it is to remember and honor the dead. If you are religious, I don't understand why wearing a skull and even cross bones would be sacrilegious. Why would people of religion fear death?

@blackhole99  I don't fear death, I associate the skull with Halloween, witches, occult, and black magic.  Therefore I'm not associnting it with anything happy or soothing, so to me yes it is creepy and has a bad vibe.

I don't wear things I don't see as pleasant, and that are associated with the occult, so no of course I wouldn't wear one. 

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono @iTalia I think Dia de Los Muertos skills are pretty. I like the ones in your pic. I would wear that bracelet. 💀💕

Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have not but I would say I like Evine's better. I like the dark gemstones in it.

Trusted Contributor

While it looks edgy and of the moment, I find it macabre and of the occult.