Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you remember the most about Joan Rivers?

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:

Stop this ! Her body is still warm. You all are horrible.

Remee,sadly she is gone {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Trusted Contributor

I remember watching Joan Rivers jewelry shows in the early years with my mom. Her and Kathy Levine were so entertaining! RIP, Joan, you will be dearly missed.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting these wonderful memories of Joan - I remember Joan the most for her bee pins. I had a friend that started collecting the Bee pins in the 80's - just imagine her collection now.

Valued Contributor

Her larger than life personality. May she rest in peace!
Super Contributor

You shouldn't be talking about her, her body isn't cold yet. Instead of running here to discuss her, why don't you pray and meditate on her and her family in the quietness of your own home?

Hearing all of your stories is not what is needed at this time. We are all in shock. Give it time.

Regular Contributor

I admired Joan Rivers. She was courageous in the face of adversity. She and Melissa had a tough time after Edgar's suicide, and they did not speak for awhile. However, her later years were very successful, and she never let up. She worked right up until her death.
Regular Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Remee said:

You shouldn't be talking about her, her body isn't cold yet. Instead of running here to discuss her, why don't you pray and meditate on her and her family in the quietness of your own home?

Hearing all of your stories is not what is needed at this time. We are all in shock. Give it time.

This is exactly what is needed, to talk about her. Go and seclude yourself if you want, but it has been shown that talking about a death is a good thing in dealing with grief.
Honored Contributor

She was smart, funny, and worked very hard. She was an inspiration for so many.

Frequent Contributor

Her tenacity, energy...and her love of girly accessories (scarves, pins, etc).
Regular Contributor

"She passed peacefully at 1:17 PM surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses and staff of Mount Sinai hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother." "Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support and prayers we have received from around the world.They have been heard and appreciated." "My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh. Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."