Respected Contributor

What do you do with the jewelry boxes?

I have accumulated a lot of unwanted jewelry boxes since I store my jewelry in Wolf’s special boxes.  So I do not know what to do with the old packaging, I cannot just throw them out....Some good ones like Sonia B I keep, but the cheap ones?

What do you do?

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you do with the jewelry boxes?

@SANNAI donate what I don't want to a neighborhood charity that runs yard sales to raise funds for community betterment. 

Respected Contributor

@SANNA  I've been buying jewelry for 25 years, so you can imagine how many jewelry boxes that amounts to.  I used to save them, but it got really silly and out of hand after awhile.  Now I just keep a few to use when I give gifts.  The rest go into the trash (after the 30-day return period, of course).

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I mostly buy pearls and store them in the boxes they came in.  I do have jewelry rolls for other things so those boxes are sent to the recycle or garbage can.

Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@SANNA  I've been buying jewelry for 25 years, so you can imagine how many jewelry boxes that amounts to.  I used to save them, but it got really silly and out of hand after awhile.  Now I just keep a few to use when I give gifts.  The rest go into the trash (after the 30-day return period, of course).

I kept mine for years.  They took up more room than the jewelry itself.  It's a freeing experience to just throw them out and then you wonder "why didn't I do this a long time ago." 

I do have quite the collection of Fossil watch tins ... I'm keeping them though.  I just wish I could find a way to display them. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not going to admit how many I have thrown out. I'll just say if I had saved them then I would probably need to find another closet just for the boxesWoman Embarassed.

Honored Contributor

I recycle them, I just don't have the room to save them, and I reall don't need them.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I mostly buy pearls and store them in the boxes they came in.  I do have jewelry rolls for other things so those boxes are sent to the recycle or garbage can.

That’s my problem - to throw out the new things. Guess it is a reminiscence of mentality of a person who used to live in a communist country where everything was a deficit. Lol

Trusted Contributor

My daughter makes jewelry so I give them to her. Thank heavens.

Honored Contributor

the cardboard ones  I toss

hard closing (you know the kind I mean) I keep if the jewellery is good otherwise toss