Honored Contributor

Re: What do you do with the jewelry boxes?

I save the designer ones in case I want to sell something on ebay.  The generic Q boxes, having saved maybe half a dozen, are now tossed into the recycle bin.

However, I buy mostly designer stuff.

Trusted Contributor

I give the unmarked boxes to my sister-in-law, who has a business where she sells some jewelry.  The marked boxes I keep in a big bin.  I always think in terms of if I sell it, I need to keep the boxes.  In reality, though, have I done that so far?  The answer is NO...

Honored Contributor

The cheapy cardboard boxes I toss in my recycle bin.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

I have accumulated a lot of unwanted jewelry boxes since I store my jewelry in Wolf’s special boxes.  So I do not know what to do with the old packaging, I cannot just throw them out....Some good ones like Sonia B I keep, but the cheap ones?

What do you do?

@SANNA. I don’t need the boxes either...keep my jewelry in lined, professional display trays in my drawer. I kind of resent a lot of the extra packaging used when you consider the outer box also used for mailing. 

I do keep the pouches from Honora. They make great travel pouch for jewelry, use one in bag for sm. mirror/lipstick. I also think the use of all the individual ziplocks when mailing earrings are not necessary. They’ll scratch anyway...bound to “touch” at some point.

Honored Contributor

Donate them to St. Vinny's, I'm thinking of that, I mean.  DD and I used to use them to ship jewelry on Ebay, but people don't really care if you have a cardboard box or just wrap the item in bubble wrap for protection in a bubble mailer.

Hint, go through your boxes before you do anything with them.  I once found a missing ring that was never worn.

Honored Contributor

I throw out the jewelry boxes.  I store my jewelry in nice cases.  I don't need a box full of empty boxes.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

I am saving many for the grandkids to use to build a city

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett