Contributor

Re: What did you buy from the Carolyn Pollack Collection???

Well I did finally get the little mother of pearl butterfly today! It is rather diminutive w/ a rather small enhancer bale so it won't look right on anything too big and chunky. However, it is very pretty w/ greyish MOP w/ pretty iridescent colors throughout and the silverwork and shape of the butterfly are really nice. I like how it hangs off center and kinda dangles, very pretty and whimsical. I thought it'd be a little bigger from the measurements given but I actually don't mind that it isn't because I want to wear this for spring and summer and didn't want anything too large. Having fun trying it on some diff. bead necklaces and think it'll look really nice on the changing seasons pastel 19 necklace (when I get it!) Would recommend this if you want a smaller, lighter butterfly but if you prefer big and bold some of the other butterflies mentioned/shown in this post might be better if you can find them!

Respected Contributor

On 2/28/2014 Haca said:

Back again...beach-mom please don't tempt me with that butterfly. It looks stunning up close, BUT I have Veronica Benally's butterfly pendant - which is one hefty piece of jewelry and it is gorgeous too. So, I am trying to be rational. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Who am I kidding. I went for the coral bead torsade (on waitlist), the TSV with turquoise and think that in hindsight I should have gone for the MOP, the enormous MOP cross (still debating - it is fabulous but quite a bit too over the top for me personally), the cute flower enhancer (mixed metal) and two oldies on clearance: the white agate pendant and the chrysoprase necklace (a stunner). I had given the agate to a friend who absolutely couldn't live without that one but I missed it as a go to piece. Since it was offered at a great price this time around, I swooped it up.

Sistas, did anyone else order that MOP cross? I would love to hear what you think?

I ordered that cross last summer to wear on the 28-inch chain. It was just too much and I sent it back. There was nothing wrong with the construction or color of the mother of pearl. It was just too big for me. I made me feel like I looked like that comedian who did the James Bond spoof movies.

Frequent Contributor

I have been visiting the Abalone pieces on QVC on and off since CP was on the air Feb. 27th. After reading Ali's review I just had to have them so I just ordered the entire collection. Everyone knows matchy, matchy me, I have to have all the pieces.

So excited can't wait to get them.

Super Contributor

On 3/6/2014 Hazel said:

Well I did finally get the little mother of pearl butterfly today! It is rather diminutive w/ a rather small enhancer bale so it won't look right on anything too big and chunky. However, it is very pretty w/ greyish MOP w/ pretty iridescent colors throughout and the silverwork and shape of the butterfly are really nice. I like how it hangs off center and kinda dangles, very pretty and whimsical. I thought it'd be a little bigger from the measurements given but I actually don't mind that it isn't because I want to wear this for spring and summer and didn't want anything too large. Having fun trying it on some diff. bead necklaces and think it'll look really nice on the changing seasons pastel 19 necklace (when I get it!) Would recommend this if you want a smaller, lighter butterfly but if you prefer big and bold some of the other butterflies mentioned/shown in this post might be better if you can find them!

Congrats . . that's so pretty! I also think it's cool how it dangles off center too, but it is on the smaller side compared to what I'm used to. Thanks for your review and happy it worked out for you . . it sounds so nice!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

On 3/7/2014 Stoneface said:

I have been visiting the Abalone pieces on QVC on and off since CP was on the air Feb. 27th. After reading Ali's review I just had to have them so I just ordered the entire collection. Everyone knows matchy, matchy me, I have to have all the pieces.

Congrats Stoney . . cannot wait to hear all about them!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Frequent Contributor

On 3/7/2014 Stoneface said:

I love it! I originally bought the cuff at the Studio Store thinking I would wear it with anything, and I still intend to, I had seen it on Dyhanah at the CP Event and couldn't take my eyes off it. When I got home, (and yes Jugs, I am confessing), I bought the necklace. I have worn it several times, and really love it.

It is quietly elegant, and can be worn dressy or casual with anything or everything. Definitely a piece of art on the neck! It's very striking and I get compliments when I do wear it. You will love it Stoney.

Frequent Contributor

Oh and one more thing. I at first thought I wouldn't be interested in abalone, but when I saw the necklace in person I was hooked! It just glistens, and now I have myself on waitlist for the abalone butterfly. I just love the play of colors! Boy do I need an intervention! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Jugg and Cel.

Cel, this will be my first Abalone also, the play of color looks beautiful. I think this can be worn with so many different outfits. I agree with you it can be dressed up or down, oh and I don't think you are the only one that needs an intervention. LOL.

Contributor

jugtown and Haca, I am all over the place size-wise I guess. Usually don't like anything TOO overly big...HOWEVER, I have the big carved MOP cross, Haca, and I wear it a lot! Love the way it just glows and it seems to look beautiful on whatever bead necklace I put it on. As for the wee MOP butterfly, I am wearing it right now...thought I'd break it in Smiley Wink Opposite end of the spectrum as far as size goes but it is just so beautiful I already love it! Also should've mentioned in reviewing the butterfly that it is a gorgeous almost-match w/ the MOP tsv cuff...wearing them together today. So many pretty things, old and new, lately...thankful I have been able to add a few more odds & ends to my own assortment. Sounds like everybody else has added a few too!

Super Contributor

I like her jewelry but it's just too big for me. Also, it's not cheap. But for anyone who likes it and looks good in it, have fun.