Contributor

Re: What critter jewelry would you never wear?

Bats...I have several,pieces of jewelry..all critters...made by a husband wife team. I told him of a terrible bat experience I had. When I saw him again, he had made me a necklace with a bat on it.  The work was beautiful, well made, and he thought it would give me a chuckle.

I felt terrible, but I didn't purchase.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of my life I had a moth phobia.  I remember hauling a 28 ft. trailer for work on the interstate years ago.  A moth flew out of somewhere into my face and it was all I could do to pull off the road safely.  I have conditioned myself to think of moths as brown butterflies.  It doesn't completely work but at least I don't make a fool out of myself when one gets near me.  So I'll add a moth to my octopus post.  I actually like some of the snake prints but DH hates snakes so I don't buy them.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

None.  I just don't like to wear them.  Be it jewelry or even the animal prints in clothing.  Just don't wear it.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I would never any critter jewelry....just not my style.

I wouldn't either.

Trusted Contributor

Cicadas. Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

No reptiles, no insects!!  

I'm sure Darwin could prove the necessity for these life forms in the ecosystems and their evolutionary importance.

I'm repulsed by both and will not want to be seen wearing any image of such living things on my clothes, wrists, neck or earlobes. 

Now giraffes are my absolute favorite creatures. I'd wear a small giraffe pin or a pendant. (I'd consider a small giraffe tattoo, but I doubt I'll commit to that.) 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't wear Scorpions or an Octopus

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

No snakes for me.

I actually have an octopus ring (not the one that was offered as a LTS.)  They are fascinating, intelligent creatures.  And I'm all about ocean life, and have a lot of ocean themed jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

I couldn't hang a mouse around my neck no matter how cute he looks

mouse.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Insects. Just....no.

"Coming to ya from Florida"